Blue screen on start. sysaudio.sys

roodd

Hi. When I'm trying to start Windows XP SP3, I get BSOD on "welcome". 0x0000007E sysaudio.sys

Problems started when I installed GTA: Vice City and I ran the game. After first step in game I get BSOD with cmuda.sys then I read in internet that I have to update my audio drivers (my version was 5.4, latest was 7.00b). I downloaded drivers and when I was installing it I got first BSOD. I turned on computer and reinstalled driver. Program asked for restarting computer, I selected "yes". Now BSOD appears in every start of Windows.

ASRock P4V88+
Intel P4 3 GHz
1.5 GB RAM
Radeon X1950 Pro
Audio integrated

Last edited:

Havoc

Start computer and choose safe mode, If you make it to your desktop, then delete the newer sound drivers and restart..

roodd

Thanks, but what can I do with first BSOD, with cmuda.sys?

Edit. I uninstalled audio card in device manager and Windows started, then he find new hardware and BSOD appears again. :/

Last edited:

roodd

Okay, give me a minute and I will edit that post and reply.

Edit
Error when I'm running "setup.exe". Of course I'm on safe mode.

untitled.jpg

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
And you downloaded the driver I linked you to from asrock website? Or did you download from cmedia's website?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, do this.

Go into device manager and right click on the device which needs a driver installed, then click on properties, then click on the details tab. Give me the 4 digit vendor and device ID numbers. They look like this.

ven_xxxx and dev_yyyy where x and y are 4 digit alphanumeric digits. Make sure that any incorrect sound drivers are uninstalled or we will get the wrong info.

roodd

I think it's "Vinyl".
image.jpg

PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3059&SUBSYS_97611849&REV_60\3&267A616A&0&8D

I uninstalled programs for "Add or remove programs". But there wasn't any "Vinyl" earlier.

When I'm uninstalling it from Device Manager, it dissapear, then I'm restarting computer, Windows is finding new hardware and he add "Vinyl AC 97 Codec Combo Driver (WDM)" to Device Manager again.

And that program, called "Vinyl deck" is still on my PC, when I'm trying to run it, Vinyl Deck window dissapear.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do this. Download hijackthis so you can post an uninstall list for me.

Download the HijackThis installer from here.
Run the installer and choose Install, indicating that you accept the licence agreement. The installer will place a shortcut on your desktop and launch HijackThis.

I need you to click on open misc tools menu, click on open uninstall manager, click on save list and save it. Then copy and paste the contents of the notepad file back here.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Look in your add/remove programs for any entries that say envy or via. NOTE: Do not uninstall the chipset driver. Should say cmedia on it, uninstall that item only. That way when you reboot it won't reinstall the driver.

roodd

I'm not newbie or woman. :p I haven't any "cmedia" in "Add or Remove". Only thing with "VIA" is "VIA Platform Device Manager" and "VIA Rhine-Family Fast-Ethernet Adapter".

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Then windows is installing its own driver. Do you have an open pci slot available? I would suggest buying a dedicated sound card and trying it.

roodd

But Windows was never installing that driver "combo something". So if I wanna use PC I must reinstall Windows? Btw. thanks a lot for wasting your time for my thread. :)

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
No, you won't have to reinstall windows. Have you tried rebooting in regular mode to see if it will still blue screen? If it does, I would imagine the onboard sound is bad.