Blue screen (process or thread crucial to system operation)

bmx4637

Hey guys, I googled this issue and saw a lot of different/conflicting answers, so I wanted to come here and see what more computer literate people thought about this issue. Maybe you've experienced it yourself too.

Lv24-Qhmb_S0nqQ4OBdxq2gF81PffXrp8-AnUsugp_Khh1LJlzMinkPul9H4zu-iIQUs9V1t_Xv2Bv36uKF_tbtAdUwUkH4iagNCoLWnzzMXUBGz1FiV4MeBiUfeKeAKls-P-9CvD7ynOYUHKnJAuofhZAcF2HS-JLrGUIeFhFvv8HNM9GAkqwQPRp_aYgqjIjis1Iu75NiwzVtLThLRjhPf1CeIAAON6wMosGgC-g0Q_WXtY0pzDOrwv5ay1CGQiLaGZbiOKer8LmVcVeBILw_XzgfTs51yHpMmkwWBxW8XhbzlVBC8rM-iToSVS-2lbsC5qZN0u2peFaPInsKnaEjG7AiMNTbtw1jJUpux0UPCibFH0ZyW_nvkPPDBBuZaWOxBLTuopJbibjnE9euddw8EdIPOOji7-ZzAx7n0DCmhWlPsNWCqjzuf_y8jLgS6uIBvJ5hxjRKexRn-BX3Y53QvSIpbOoXYRGN_dZWl_-2cxSi2y0BgqS9GDgZwhP4vrpGKLddf72Ne40YSFGFDYI9DGXcA9RImky1qOUFHH-cTm3uTFD_8qCw53f7Bp8A6awmMlHHnEj5zRtzG66tlf6dtMkOea9a09jMNbiM8xg=w1266-h949-no

I saw this come up when I started the computer one morning, a few weeks ago. I haven't changed any hardware lately or any major software that I can think of, haven't changed anything in the BIOS for a couple years now. I have not seen this screen again since.

What steps can I perform to see if this will be an issue in the future?

Thanks,
Alex

bmx4637

Hey sorry for the late reply. Here's the link to the photo: https://photos.app.goo.gl/WgRFf14sUmHkudp72

Not sure if this link will work for you guys. I have also uploaded the bluescreen.jpg file just in case.

For some reason sharing a google photos photo sometimes shows on forums, and sometimes not.

Thanks again,
Alex

Attachments

• BlueScreen-min.JPG
    BlueScreen-min.JPG
    926.3 KB · Views: 3

Darren

Staff member
Run sfc /scannow from command prompt as admin.

Check for Windows updates and make sure the OS is fully up to date. Remove any non essential startup programs by running msconfig and unchecking nonessentials in the startup tab. Fairly likely it's just a one off system crash. If it happens again then you might want to investigate further but sometimes stuff just crashes.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.