Bluetooth confusion

The VCR King

I want a way to be able to broadcast my gaming PC's sound to the Bluetooth speaker bar I have. If I bought a Bluetooth dongle can i pair it to the speaker and play my PC on it?

After reading online reviews I'm still not certain if pcs can broadcast Bluetooth but just receive it for keyboards

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
That's the reason for bluetooth adapters. So that you can connect to other bluetooth devices.

The VCR King

That's the reason for bluetooth adapters. So that you can connect to other bluetooth devices.
That's what I'm talking about, but can these adapters broadcast a signal?

I know they can receive a signal from a keyboard or some other wireless peripheral but it's unclear on the product info on whether or not I can transmit using one.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Can you not pair a bluetooth headset to your phone and listen to music through it? It works the same way with computers.

Geoff

VIP Member
It works the same way as other bluetooth devices, so yes you can listen to sound on a bluetooth speaker. Just remember that there is lag when using bluetooth for audio, so it likely wouldn't work well for video games.

Agent Smith

Yes, it will work. I use a cell phone Bluetooth ear piece with a Bluetooth USB dongle with Skype, etc.

Bluetooth can do a lot. Audio, keyboards, mice, even a local Internet connection although slow as all hell.