bluetooth headphones?

demonikal

I saw an advertised deal on Newegg for a $13 set of Bluetooth headphones. I've never even heard of this. They're for iOS, Android, and Windows. Not sure if that means they only work with those operating systems for phones or what.

My question is just if sound quality is decent through Bluetooth?:confused:

Okedokey

Depends on what you are looking for. The quality of BT can be argued ad-nausea however the limiting factor of many of these devices isn't the carrier wave technology, but the quality of the cans.

demonikal

Okay, I guess that's what I meant - that I have no idea if the sound quality over Bluetooth is worth getting Bluetooth headphones. I'm a total audiophile, but I also like convenience. I'd prefer having a really nice set of headphones that have an 10 foot cord :D over some Apple earbuds. Earbuds are convenient cuz they're light and easy to carry, but if I'm at home at my PC, I'll go with inconvenience any day if it means awesome sound quality.

I also remember when wireless radio headsets came out. I don't know if it was infrared or whatever. My aunt bought me it when it was a newer thing. There was static all over the place and the sound quality was horrible.

One more thing is that I've had Bluetooth compatible devices for more than a few years, but I've never once taken advantage of the technology. $13 seems like too good of a deal to pass up, but if Bluetooth sound quality is arguably not so great, then I'll definitely pass it up.

spynoodle

I can attest that there is essentially no noticeable decrease in audio quality over a Bluetooth signal compared to a wired connection; I have a pair of Motorola S305 headphones, and I have never noticed any interference or any perceptible compression. However, I was also given a pair of Sony RF headphones as a gift once, and the interference is so horrible that I cannot even stand to use them.

strollin

I wouldn't expect particularly high fidelity from a pair of wired headphones that cost $13, let alone wireless. If you buy a decent set of Bluetooth headphones the fidelity will be fine.

Remember, you get what you pay for.

demonikal

I can attest that there is essentially no noticeable decrease in audio quality over a Bluetooth signal compared to a wired connection; I have a pair of Motorola S305 headphones, and I have never noticed any interference or any perceptible compression. However, I was also given a pair of Sony RF headphones as a gift once, and the interference is so horrible that I cannot even stand to use them.

Yeah, RF ... that sounds like what I got as a gift. I also could not stand mine. I guess I never gave them much of a chance, but the interference was the same for me. I believe mine were also Sony :)

I'll look into those Motorola S305's first and then go from there.

I wouldn't expect particularly high fidelity from a pair of wired headphones that cost $13, let alone wireless. If you buy a decent set of Bluetooth headphones the fidelity will be fine.

Remember, you get what you pay for.

It seems convenient - wireless I mean, although never as fast with ethernet versus WiFi. Re: Bluetooth though, I think I will be looking into some higher priced ones, if everyone's contention is that $13 would likely be a crappy pair. If fidelity is not a big problem in general, then I'd like to give it a try. It'd certainly make for an interesting gift for myself :cool:

spynoodle

The S305s are a mixed bag design-wise; the sound quality is great, in my opinion, but they are not too comfortable. You have a lot of options, though, and I can assure you that the interface itself will not be limiting.

tylerjrb

it depends exactly what you are looking for, is this just for listening to music, movies etc? you'd be better off getting a set of studio type headphones/ heatset. Even the cheaper ones are very good and will give you much better sound quality.