Bluetooth Range Extender?

johnnyb58

So I have a couple of Bluetooth earbud and head phones. The earbuds only have a range of about 15 ft and the headphones are about 30 ft, but I use them outside working around my yard and it’s a pain to have to stop and move my tablet closer to where I’m working. So I did a search for a Bluetooth Range Extender and now I’m not so sure they are worth it.

Anybody ever use one and if so are they any good? I use my tablet on Wii fi so that I don’t get charged for streaming music on 4G and my routers range only extends 10 ft from the house outside walls.

Laquer Head

I don't have an answer for your specific question, but why not purchase an ipod or some other type of music player, load up the thing with your favorite stuff and not worry about range? Just a thought

johnnyb58

I don't have an answer for your specific question, but why not purchase an iPod or some other type of music player, load up the thing with your favorite stuff and not worry about range? Just a thought
Yea I could do that, but then I have to load it up with music.
I do have an old iPod some place around here already loaded with music, but I don't think the battery is replaceable. I absolutely hated iTunes and don't want anything to do with them because they went through all my music on my computer that I bought myself not from iTunes and made it theirs.
I really like Pandora because I don't have to look for music to buy and then get tired of it before I got my moneys worth. I guess I should think of other music players for when I'm traveling, but its just a pain for me to look for music because I might like it one day and then hate after a couple of time listening to it. I used to have Sirius Radio years ago until I heard everything so many times that I couldn't listen to it any more.

Geoff

VIP Member
I haven't heard of one before, but for it to be effective you'd have to place the extender between you and the tablet. If you're outside working, where would you place the extender so it was roughly half way between the two devices?

Laquer Head

Yea I could do that, but then I have to load it up with music.
I do have an old iPod some place around here already loaded with music, but I don't think the battery is replaceable. I absolutely hated iTunes and don't want anything to do with them because they went through all my music on my computer that I bought myself not from iTunes and made it theirs.
I really like Pandora because I don't have to look for music to buy and then get tired of it before I got my moneys worth. I guess I should think of other music players for when I'm traveling, but its just a pain for me to look for music because I might like it one day and then hate after a couple of time listening to it. I used to have Sirius Radio years ago until I heard everything so many times that I couldn't listen to it any more.

I understand all this, I'm sorta the same..but it was the only thought I had!

johnnyb58

I haven't heard of one before, but for it to be effective you'd have to place the extender between you and the tablet. If you're outside working, where would you place the extender so it was roughly half way between the two devices?
Oh well that is a good question. I was hoping at the location of my tablet, but maybe I'm going about this wrong. I guess I could extend the WiFi range and just carry my tablet. I just bought a new ASUS RT-AC68U in hopes that it would give me more range in my back yard, but range never changed from my old one.

Laquer Head

Oh well that is a good question. I was hoping at the location of my tablet, but maybe I'm going about this wrong. I guess I could extend the WiFi range and just carry my tablet. I just bought a new ASUS RT-AC68U in hopes that it would give me more range in my back yard, but range never changed from my old one.

Yeah once you get to a certain point, even a 600 dollar router is gonna drop off... my best thought is having the device loaded with music etc on your person, trying to wifi it isn't gonna work most likely.