Blur screen after reinstall

_Lee_

Hello,
I have just reinstalled my pc this morning and noticed that the screen looks blur in some points. I installed the drivers (both monitor and graphics controler) that were needed, and can't think of anything else that might cause it.
Before the reinstall there were no problems like this...

Also the computer seems to be slow at startup (even at bios stage) and monitor adjustments have a glitch- when adjusted automatically the edges of windows are out of the visible area. (I don't know, but maybe that helps.)

I am running Windows XP Pro SP3
Computer: Intel i845G chipset (IBM NetVista), integrated videocard
Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Samsung SyncMaster 943sn monitor (with drivers from original cd)

Any help how to fix this will be apreciated...

P.S. I did set the screen resolution and frequency, that can't be the fault either

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Look in device manager to make sure there are no devices still needing drivers. Also, did you install the chipset driver?

_Lee_

I haven't installed a driver for one network card yet, but that shouldn't matter...
Any other ideas?

tremmor

He's saying goto device manager / display adapters then look for yellow exclamation. You can click the adapter, driver details try updating driver. its there, and ya might find a yellow exclamation somewhere. try it.

_Lee_

Yes, I know and did, everything there is fine- monitor and display drivers are installed and do match the hardware... that's why i'm so confused on this one.

_Lee_

Sound like hardware problem.
Try to install as some possible a new GPU card if that is available and from BIOS disable the mobo GPU.

First I thought the same, but after trying to run linux on this pc, I understood that I'm wrong- when running linux everything was normal no blur spots, no nothing.

And I don't know exactly why, but the slow booting problem solved itself after 2-3 restarts.