Blurry/Fuzzy screen

lukenshin

Hi guys, im having a weird problem and hope someone here already heard or know something about..
From one day to another my computer started to display my monitors like this:
75V6r.jpg

This scanlines with this blurry/fuzzy effect, i really cant explain but its making my eyes hurt and giving me headaches..
This problem has still for about 2 months now... I tried to change most of my hardware to test but it continues with it..
Also, i tried different cables and monitors, they are all with this issue..
A day ago i got a multimeter from a friend and i saw that my case was displaying 12volts on that back where i put the cables (backplate) idk the name.. but where all cables goes, ethernet etc..
Do you guys think that could be the problem? some interference in the pc built or some cable management?
Please im having this problem for so long that i dont even know what to do anymore..

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you built this computer, what I would do is remove the motherboard from the case and try building it outside of the case and see what happens. If it works correctly then you have a grounding issue, most likely you put the case standoffs in the wrong spot.

lukenshin

Thanks for ur asnwer john..
I really do think is something related.

just one thing, with standoffs u mean this ones:
vJ7Rca0.png
6-32UNC-6-32-Brass-Motherboard-Standoffs-For-Atx-Computer-Case-15-Pack-standoff632-6-32X6.jpg

Srry for the big images

And, theres any problem of having contact with the motherboard and that backplate shield? where ethernet, vga goes etc.?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yes those are the ones I'm talking about. Just because there is a hole in the case doesnt necessarily mean a standoff goes there. All depends on where the screw holes are on the motherboard. Also could be an issue with the video card if you haven't tried a different one yet. However there should be no voltage on your backplate. Its grounding out somewhere it seems.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Would still recommend building the motherboard outside of the case on a piece of cardboard to determine if it's a grounding issue.

lukenshin

Okk. One thing: how can i turn on the computer without a power button from the case?
my mobo doesnt have those ON buttons

the mobo is a gigabyte h110m.m2

beers

Staff member
You can also use a screwdriver to briefly bridge the power button pins, which effectively acts the same as the power button.

Personally I would boot into a Linux Live CD/USB like Ubuntu to verify. If you don't get the same behavior then it's more of a software issue.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Have you got anything else plugged into the same circuit as the computer, not just the plug in the same circuit, breaker?

lukenshin

Yep, but i already tried different ones, problem persist.. the problem seems to be inside the case or something.

StrangleHold

Staff member
I know this sounds crazy, unplug everything to the case. pick it up and shake it. See if anything rattles around. Don't mean like cables or anything. could be a screw or something. If all else fails do like johnb35 says. Or if you have on handy another video card, or if its a video card with a power cord make sure its plugged in all the way.

lukenshin

i will try that for sure. kinda late here now but tomorrow ill come with more news testing those things out, thanks guys! <3

StrangleHold

Staff member
So your Windows 10 is :mad: hot. LOL If your going to run a hot pin Windows 10 you better be good or it will chew your big toes off.

Reactions: C4C

C4C

And my w10 is cracked do you guys think it could be that?
How can i see if the problem is being piracy or something?

Windows 10 Pro can be bought through a wholesale distributor like Kinguin or G2A for around $30 USD.

I've build over a dozen rigs for myself and friends using codes from there. Windows is cheap, no excuse to pirate an OS :p.

Kinguin: https://www.kinguin.net/category/19429/windows-10-professional-oem-key/
G2A: https://www.g2a.com/en-us/microsoft-windows-10-oem-pro-microsoft-pc-key-global-i10000179338001