Boot Screen

B_Wease

Hey, I was wondering if there was a way to disable the MSI boot screen.
When I turn on my computer I get this ugly orange MSI screen that just show's the make of my MOBO. It also sits there for a good 5 seconds. And i'm getting tired of looking at it when I turn on my computer lol. Is there any way that I can disable this?

Thanks

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Go into the bios and find the option to disable oem logo, should be located under boot options somewhere.

Benny Boy

With the monitor on, start the pc and tap the delete key till you see the bios screen.
Find on that screen the legend for how to navigate. You may need to use the arrow keys and the enter button to get a pop-up window that shows the various keys functions.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Usually you get in there by pressing the del key or F1 ,F2, f10 keys. It should tell you on the main screen to press whatever key to enter setup. Setup is the bios.

B_Wease

I'm clicking the Delete button and it's not working. Only button that shows something is the ESC button. And i click it over and over and then the Bios shows up for a quick second and then goes back to normal boot up. It does not display a button to push to open the BIOS. Also, my screen is shaking on start up. It only shakes once or twice but is still something that needs to get fixed. My Video Card has been updated and all current drivers have been installed. Not sure where to go from here.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You have any friend that is computer savvy that can help you figure out your issues? What motherboard do you have?

Hsv_Man

Most if not all MSI motherboards use the delete key to enter bios just keep pressing the delete key and the bios will open (it will be a blue background screen with plenty of options you can set/change)

Benny Boy

I'm clicking the Delete button and it's not working. Only button that shows something is the ESC button. And i click it over and over and then the Bios shows up for a quick second and then goes back to normal boot up.
When you say 'back to normal boot up', do you mean it continues to boot into the os?
Or it reboots?
Have you tried all the keys that john said ^?
If you havn't, rapidly and continually*tap*one of those keys at the same time the pc is powered on and continue tap, till you get the bios or the os.. If the 'delete' key doesn't do it, try each of the others.
To access the bios, there's only a brief moment during startup by tapping the correct key.
So the tapping is to get that one tap at the right time.

B_Wease

To answer john's question I am using an MSI MOBO. And I got into it. What it was the Delete button. I have to push it right when I turn the computer on tho, My PC boots up to quick lol. My last issue is the Screen Shaking. Any ideas on that?