Boot Up Contest

b00gi mAM

ooo lol well i guess ur winning.

1 question how can i make that little safely remove hardware thingy go away .. it dosent bother the pc jsut me...

and oo ya that AVG OWNSSSS!!!! i did a scan befor i uninstalled Mcafee and found nothing i just did a scan with AVG and foun 7 viruses!AND OO ya i just got a 2mb boost in my connection because of no stupid mcaffe firewall.. i'm now running at 8.4 Mbps

Motoxrdude

Lol yea its nice. For the safely remove thing, just double click on it. There should be a check box saying like show device, or something like that, i cant remeber its been a long time.

b00gi mAM

ya but if i click that all i get is a drop down list of all my printer's components...
lol if ur confused just ask for some picture:D

superfreak

b00gi, its longhorn theme, google search a program called longhorn transformation pack, has about 30 or so vista/longhorn themes

b00gi mAM

oo and by the way my name is b00gi mAn i used to be a member here before.. but my old name was b00gi mAn soo just call me taht form now on k guys..:D ;)

shupola

BootTime2.jpg

pretty fast huh?

i owe it all to tweakers website. lol.

superfreak

my windows boot black and white? also what do you mean by sticky things?

my windows bootscreen i made my self... and if your talkin about the tiny box with the curved arrow, that just shows that the icon is a shortcut... and some of my icons have that yes, but i also use tuneup utilities 2006 and i can change my icon packages etc, but if u want to change ur icons with windows defualt, right click go to properties then ull see change icon at the bottom

hope this is what your talkin about cuz im not totaly sure

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
INSTRUCTIONS: as soon as windows boots up hit control alt delete. then go to performance and when ur cpu gets down to zero and STAYS there
And what happens if you're booting up a terminal server? Or you run a sFTP server? CPU utilization doesnt mean jack as far as boot time go because u have can <1% utilization but your HDD is still thrashing and u wont be able to do anything.

those two big spikes/bocks is how long it took windows to boot up
Actually no it isnt. Windows bootup is mostly done during the bootscreen stage when the system is checked and the kernal is loaded up and the desktop GUI is launched.

beyond you have to press CTRL ALT DLETE AS SOON as windows boots up...
Assuming you run Windows....

hard drives: 1 80 gig samsung 7,200 RPM and one slave Maxtor 7.200 Rpm windows is booting off the Samsung.
I think that was like 15 seconds...
Uh huh :rolleyes:

Geoff

VIP Member
I agree with praetor, according to my cpu usage, it looks like my comp boots up very quickly. But in fact it takes about 20 seconds to boot up.