Boot up problem!

Kazoon

New Member
I dont know what happend to my other thread about creating a boot up cd but I need some help here. One of my computers wont boot up...it starts but is stuck on the windows xp screen and will not go any farther. What could the problem be and how can I fix it? I was going to download a boot up cd from microsoft but the page cannot be displayed.

I also tried to hold the f8 key while booting up and selected (Last Known Good Configuration) and it did the same thing, it never makes it past the windows xp screen.
 
Last edited:
I dont know what happend to my other thread about creating a boot up cd

I deleted it. For the sake of discussion here, you'll need to find another copy of XP if you want to reinstall or do a repair installation. The only legal method for downloading Windows is directly from Microsoft, or an authorized third-party retailer. If you have a friend with an XP disk, see if he'll let you borrow it.

You may also want to test your RAM with MemTest86, make sure all your hardware connections are tight and check your temps in the BIOS. Overheating, bad RAM, faulty drivers, etc... can cause the symptoms you're describing.

Have you made any significant changes to this computer recently? You know, before the problems occurred?
 
Automatic updates was turned on and installed XP SP3 on all my computers yesterday...I just turned it on today and it would not boot. I have an XP recovery cd for this computer but I have alot of pictures I dont want to lose. Can I use the recovery cd to boot? If I can just save my pictures and other documents I can just reinstall windows.
 
Automatic updates was turned on and installed XP SP3 on all my computers yesterday

When I installed SP3 on my Sony Vaio, I had the exact same problems. You need to uninstall SP3 via the Recovery Console. After I did this, my machine was fine. Follow Method #4 in this KB article. In order to access the Recovery Console, you need a copy of XP.
 
Back
Top