Bootup error help?

VoodooPeople

Starting just recently, it seems, when I boot up my laptop (dell inpiron 8500), I sometimes (not always) get an error message that says something to the extent of:
"The amount of system memory has changed. Press F1 to shit your pants again."
Ok so maybe i made the second part up, but the memory part is right on; now since i wouldnt have the slightest clue on how to change the amount of system memory, clearly this is coming up in error.
Why is this happening, and what can I do about it?

Thanxx,
VP :cool:

alanuofm

VIP Member
VoodooPeople said:
Starting just recently, it seems, when I boot up my laptop (dell inpiron 8500), I sometimes (not always) get an error message that says something to the extent of:
"The amount of system memory has changed. Press F1 to shit your pants again."
Ok so maybe i made the second part up, but the memory part is right on; now since i wouldnt have the slightest clue on how to change the amount of system memory, clearly this is coming up in error.
Why is this happening, and what can I do about it?

Thanxx,
VP :cool:

usually this screen shows up...well obviously when you change the amount of system memory. try reseating your ram.

ViperGTS19801

Open the case, remove the RAM, put it back in. It will probably show you the same message. Unless you have bad RAM, once you get past this screen, you shouldn't see that again...

Ew, Dell.

Advitiya Saxena

1. Yes the msg. is a change in memory warning (what Dell call it) surely there is some change in ur RAM n i think its F2 to continue.

2. This comes only the 1st time u bootup ur system after changing RAM, it should not repeat. U have to re-insert the RAM modules.