Bottleneck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincsman

Hi there, I just sold a computer with an AMD fx-6300 processor clocked at 3.8Ghz. That's about as high as I can get it without overheating. Anyways my gtx 770 is going into that computer, but I'm wondering if a gtx 970 would be better for that computer, or if that would bottleneck? I know it bottlenecks with Witcher 3 but that game is really processor intensive. Also the computer I sold has 16GB of DDR3 RAM.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Yea but from the way he worded that question, it appears he wants to stick a GTX 970 into the computer he sold... but he already plans to throw the GTX 770 into it?

Laquer Head

Yea but from the way he worded that question, it appears he wants to stick a GTX 970 into the computer he sold... but he already plans to throw the GTX 770 into it?

Yeah I deleted what I typed cause I re-read it and I'm not sure now..

lincsman

ok smart asses lol. Right now the computer I sold to my sister has my 8800 GTX in it, and I plan to put the 770 in it, but if she wants the 970 instead I will sell my 770 online and get money for it and she can buy a 970 instead, which would put more money in my pocket right now as she's paying monthly. However if it's going to be a waste of her money than I will just continue with the sale of the computer with a 770.

Status
Not open for further replies.