Bought a new computer. Which monitor should I buy?

Stringer45

New Member
My first thread asked for computer and monitor help, didn't get much. Now I bought a computer from dell so all I need is the right monitor. I got an XPS 7100 black label system with phenom II x6 1035t, 4 GB ram, HD 5770, 1 TB, windows 7 premium 64 bit for 799.

What I wanted was a 27" monitor of some kind. I don't know what refresh rate to go with, what ms, resolution, etc etc. They even got 3d monitors now i hear? Any way I want to spend under $400. And I will be doing alot of reading and typing into forms, as well as some games since I got a decent video card. Looking for recommendations and advice. Thanks! ;)
 
27" now that is a massive monitor :eek: i'd say you would be looking at more than $400 definantly. The brands you want to be looking at is asus or samsung as they provide excellent quality and warranty in my opinion anyway. :P
 
I have heard a lot of good from them but like you said you never know.

To the OP. If you want the size this seems like a good one but I would really recomend this one instead. Still huge and you get 1920x1200 instead of 1920x1080.

The 3D monitors are for graphics cards that can use it. Which is the GTX 4** series.
 
Not sure it really matters what you do want though is the blackest screen as blacker blacks means brighter colours this will improve display contrast and all round gaming enjoyment.
 
thanks alot for the help.

1 question remains. glossy or matte screen for gaming? :confused:
The difference between the two is the contrast/vibrance and glare. I'm not going to go into this since it all boils down to your own personal preference.


Go to a retail store and actually look at the showcased monitors. It will give you a vague idea. Some people don't care for the glossy screen reflections so its better you figure out your preference right now before spending money. The problem is retail stores like BestBuy only carry 16:9 monitors these days. You would need to purchase from online. That means you won't have the chance to look at the monitor before its shipped to you. Yeah, it's annoying for enthusiasts out there, but its the reality we live in. So be sure to browse through some of the newegg reviews and run a google search.


@Hsv_Man; These monitors go for ~280$ to 380$. The 400$ and over range is what you would expect for 24" studio crt monitors. If you manage to find a good deal from auction.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top