Bought macbook.....wish me luck

Grantapus

I have had some issues with my Adobe CC video editors lately, and i heard that the macbook pro's with final cut 10 were awesome at video editing. Just ordered mine. Hope it works well.....is there anything i should know about this for when it arrives ? Its a MBP 2017 13" base model.....according to most things online its great at editing...

PS:

I have actually put a lot of thought into this purchase, and it was not a impulse buy.

Grantapus

Your butterfly keyboard switches will fail on you and there's nothing you can do about it.
Yeah....I heard about that. Apparently whats happening is dust and crumbs etc gets under the keys and makes it so the keys cant be pressed. So i am gonna get a keyboard cover or something....or just keep dust off the keyboard. I did some research and apparently most of the time you can just spray canned air under the keys to clean it.

I hope i never have this issue.

EDIT:

check out this article and you will see how apple has fixed this issue on the new macbooks:

https://www.imore.com/macbook-pro-butterfly-keyboard-effect

Intel_man

VIP Member
The latest butterfly switch update doesn't fix the issue. It's a bandaid solution that most likely extends the time it takes for the dust to accumulate. Long enough to most likely fail outside of the warranty period.