Boy, 6, Misses Bus, Takes Mom's Car Instead

g4m3rof1337

Last edited:

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
The kid did pretty good, he made it to within 2 miles of school. Not bad for being 6, he even swerved to get back in his lane when an oncoming truck would have hit him as he tried to pass. Still the parents are the one to blame here not any game.

Geoff

VIP Member
If you watch the video you see that they weren't blaming GTA, they were blaming the parents.

g4m3rof1337

Video wasn't loading when I first saw the post, and I found this off Digg, and I meant to say mentioned, referring to the article clip I quoted.

Apparently the kid was trained by GTA to do this, and that statement makes GTA look bad, but the truth is, how did the kid get access to GTA? The parents.

Rambo

If a 6 year old kid can drive 10.4 miles without crashing and make it to within a mile of his school, I think GTA should be commended! :p

Egon

I blame the companies who make and distribute the game, the console that plays it, the company that made the TV that let the kid view the game, the people who sold the TV, the power company that supplied the power to the TV and the console and the parents.

Did I miss anyone? Oh yes, I did, who ever made the car and the gas station that sold the gas, the gas company for selling to the gas station, the people who refine the oil, the person who found the oil...

We could go on blaming who ever for what happened.

FairDoos

Oh great thanks to his parents or who ever bought that kid that game has just ruined the GTA reputation even more. I bet you any money that the next GTA wont even be released due to a load of complaints from parents that actually care. Thank god that kid was not hurt though!

g4m3rof1337

Oh great thanks to his parents or who ever bought that kid that game has just ruined the GTA reputation even more. I bet you any money that the next GTA wont even be released due to a load of complaints from parents that actually care. Thank god that kid was not hurt though!

I doubt that will happen, they've been doing this for years, I was introduced to GTA at the age of 10, with Vice City on the PS2, obviously not a damn thing happened, since my parents and I talked about it beforehand.

The GTA series began in 1997, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_(series)

Last edited:

ducis

IMO gta could have only showed the kid that people are capable of getting in any car they want and driving away, he could have learned the same lesson watching the news on the couch with his parents.

though of course people love to blame video games because so many people don't understand anything past solitaire. that said there are so many reasons not to buy gta the parents must be idiots.

im many was I resent the gta series because it gives gamers a bad rep. whenever anyone gets into a argument, people always bring up gta as an example of what the industry is about when really is just one of hundreds of successful franchises. Giving gta a mature rating was also a poor choice as that puts it in the same category as half life 2 and really theres no comparing the two on levels of "risky" material. Though I think that the real problem is not gta getting the M rating but games like hl2 get it too, these days it seems like teen games are the new M why the hell would anyone need concent from someone over seventeen to play a game as classy and family friendly as hl2. ESRB needs to work things out.

[/endrant]

g4m3rof1337

This is how far advertisement went in Chicago.
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/52334

Apparently they were pulled for the inappropriate pictures?

Here are some I found, these are not my photos.

gta4_bus.jpg

2432558416_25a37a7ed5.jpg

gta01.preview.jpg

The photos above are not that much different than that of an upcoming movie, or album of a CD. And the pull of them was short-lived, because not long after they were pulled and banned, they were back, and I still see a few today.

Last edited:

DirtyD86

banned
It really is amazing how far video games have come in popular culture. i never thought i would see the day when a GTA4 advertisement would be plastered on the side of a skyscraper

g4m3rof1337

It really is amazing how far video games have come in popular culture. i never thought i would see the day when a GTA4 advertisement would be plastered on the side of a skyscraper

To me, it's a great thing to see, I enjoyed looking at the GTA IV, Spore, and Left 4 Dead ads around town, and knowing what they were, when others didn't understand them.

dmw2692004

i heard this on the radio the day it happened, i almost laughed when the reporter made a comment about how video games were effecting children today.

If they really would, we would see a ton of 12 year olds trying to blow peoples head off for being "zombies"

/endrant.

But yeah, im surprised he made it as far as he did. One determined 6 year old. Good thing that he is alright.

Im sure this is a pretty huge eye opener for the parents.