Breakthrough device !!!

Psycholic

Hi all,

I remember reading in PCFormat a while back about a device that can transmit sound directly to your brain. Further more you can beam the sound to specific area. Example you can beam the sound to just a meter radius. Everyone inside the radius will be able to hear the sound and everyone on the outside will not be able to hear it.

This sounded pretty cool at the time but I lost my magazines and can’t remember the name of the device. It was already on sale and was quite expensive.

Does anyone remember this device or has a name for it :confused:

hermeslyre

VIP Member
You can hook up electrodes to the visual part of someones brain and see what their looking at. It's true, they did experiments back in the 60's. So if you can see what someone is looking at through a monitor, beam sound into peoples head wirelessly.. Then images and movies are the next obvious step.

Screw holo-decks, I want to play Crysis in my head..

addle_brains

Weren't they able to hook a camera up to a blind guys brain and he could see in dot-matrix? I'm pretty sure this stuff is possible. The more researchers can understand about different parts of the brain/chemical reactions etc. the more different ways they can manipulate it. I mean, as a simple example, anti-depressants help to correct chemical imbalances in the brain and make you happy. It's not silly to think that you could do other, more complicated things.

jjbpenguin

I do remember hearing about this, and it was acutally demoed at tech conventions. I belive your ears still pick up the sound, but it doesn't spread out like typical sound waves do. Here is one example of the technology, it is also being tested as non-lethal weapons.

http://www.holosonics.com/

kobaj

VIP Member
You know you laughed, I heard you laugh
You laughed, you laughed and laughed
And then you left
But now you know I'm utterly mad!

Yeah, I remember hearing about this on future tech (as stated above), but I think its a little mean to use it in advertising. As seen here.

Psycholic

Ok, so it was funny!

Now that the funny is over(And I did laugh :D) the Audio Spot Light is what I needed for more research. Thanks:)