Broken Audio on New PC Build?

xTobyMc

Finished building my new PC and all is good, except the sound. My Asrock Z77 Extreme4 motherboard supports full HD audio, and I've made sure everything is plugged in properly. The problem is, when I play back audio files such as music, all I can hear is dodgy instrumental audio and no lyrics along with it (or the lyrics are extremely quiet).

I installed the latest drivers from both the Asrock website AND Realtek's website, but they both result in the same problem. It's really annoying because I can't do anything useful without sound, and the only solution I can even imagine is "update to the latest drivers"... -_-

Extra Info:
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
- Cooler Master Storm Scout Case (using front audio jack, headphones not the issue)
- Asrock Z77 Extreme4 motherboard

FuryRosewood

have you tried the back audio jacks? sometimes the front panel audio on cases are problematic, my 1200 is not grounded properly.

Tumultus

you've got to make sure you're on the correct settings by means of your motherboards driver software (ie Realtek HD Audio Manager)
it sounds to me like you're missing audio channels, and you've probably got it mismatched, as in you're in quadraphonic, 5.1, or 7.1 sound instead of stereo.
if that's not the case then it's most likely a wiring or connection problem.