browser bookmarks

monica register

how can i move my internet browser bookmarks to a kingston usb flash drive so at a later date i can move them back but to a different computer??????????? is this feasibly possible???? i have an old laptop with important data saved on each of my favorite internet browsers like chrome, safari, explorer, opera, and firefox and would like to move all of this data on all of my internet browsers moved to a kingston usb flash drive, but how can i do this? after moving the data to a kingston usb flash drive i would like to move them to a new computer in the distant future.......... can someone please help me out? rsvp. thank you.

_Pete_

What browser are you using? Firefox bookmarks can be saved out as a HTML file that can be moved from computer to computer on a flash drive. Internet Explorer favourites can be moved by saving the favourites folder that is in c://users.

Oh right I didn't read your OP properly. I have told you about Mozilla and IE. I don't know about the others'

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
With chrome you can sign in using a google account and it will save all data, then its just a matter of signing in to the new computer. With Firefox, its called firefox sync. You log into it to save data and then you can log back in on a different computer and access bookmarks. I do this from desktop to my phone. I'm sure other browsers have the same type of procedure. Or you can research on where each browser saves its bookmarks and copy the file to the flash drive and restore it later.

monica register

specifically, it would be for the major browsers of the world like chrome, firefox, internet explorer, opera, and safari. once the bookmarks have been moved to a kingston usb flash drive, can they be simply viewed from the usb flash drive or can they be moved to another new computer so that would be the only way that they could be viewed????? rsvp.

With chrome you can sign in using a google account and it will save all data, then its just a matter of signing in to the new computer. With Firefox, its called firefox sync. You log into it to save data and then you can log back in on a different computer and access bookmarks. I do this from desktop to my phone. I'm sure other browsers have the same type of procedure. Or you can research on where each browser saves its bookmarks and copy the file to the flash drive and restore it later.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure about Opera and Safari but as far as Internet explorer goes, you can view favorites just by clicking on the favorite. With Firefox and Chrome, the bookmarks are actually stored inside a file and can't be accessed just by clicking on it. You have to import the file back into the browser to view.