Browser crashes when downloading

Punk

Staff member
Hello all!!

I've been having a problem with my browser lately: it always crashes when I donwload big files (over 200MB). I don't know if it as anything to do with the problem but I thought it was good that I point that out...

I've tried Firefox, Chrome and Opera. They all crash after a few minutes of downloading...

Thanks for any help :)

Punk

CrayonMuncher

have you tried cleaning caches or using ccleaner to delete all the temp files?
usually helps me in this situation

lubo4444

Try CCleaner first and if that does not work why dont you uninstall it and install it again.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't we just have a thread about this about a month ago? Can't remember what the user did to resolve the issue. As said try deleting temp files, reset router/modem. Meanwhile i'm gonna do some searching on the forum for it.

Punk

Staff member
I've done all of you suggestions already :)

It does this on four browsers so it must be something else than the browser...

Punk

Staff member
Maybe there's a problem with the file or download location itself, what are you trying to download?

It's a direct download AVI (I don't want to give anymore etails about it because it's in the grey area ;)). It's on Megaupload.

Last edited:

CrayonMuncher

that sounds like a server error does it happen on other files you try to download that are of a simalar size? if no then it is probably the server (megaupload) thats causing the problem not the internet browser.

Punk

Staff member
I've downloaded other files on Megaupload, I'm pretty sure it's something to do in the process of saving the file on my computer, I don' think it's their server.

Thanks for trying :)

Punk

Staff member
Well I don't know what the problem was but I solved it by doing a System repair...