Browsers

peter912

There doesn't seem to be a browser that is good for every web site. Take the web site tiktok for instance. Recently I switched from using Firefox to Edge, which was better for my e mail. Now I find that some videos on tiktok won't play and I see a green screen instead of the video. If I switch back to Firefox then the video plays just fine. So I guess this means that one needs to use more than one browser for some reason. Different web sites seem to prefer different browsers.

peter912

Link me to a video that doesn't play correctly on Edge and I'll try it.
I went there now and it was working fine. This happened on tiktok, I don't know if you are familiar with this web site. Sometimes when I click on one of the videos I get a green screen but I tried it now and it was playing properly .

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Seems you may have a computer issue since you were reporting scrambled email pages and various colors. Could end up being a video card issue.

peter912

Seems you may have a computer issue since you were reporting scrambled email pages and various colors. Could end up being a video card issue.
But if that were the case, then when I switch browsers ,it wouldn't clear up, would it ?

Have you ever heard of something called, Novabench, which can be downloaded to test a computers video card ?

Last edited: