BSOD - Mystery Hardware malfunction

garyknowz1

I just built a system for the first time. It’s pretty nice, and everything ran great for a week. But when I enable SLI, I start to get stuttering and occasionally a BSOD that says: ***Hardware Malfunction / Call your hardware vendor for support / ***The system has halted***

Now this happens when, there is usually no load on the computer. The BSOD happens when it’s idling or whenever, it’s completely unpredictable. The only time I’ve managed to predict is when I use the Nvidia System Monitor and switch to different components, it will usually freeze for a moment while the sound stutters and within a couple seconds resumes its task.

The PC specs are in my profile.

Also, are there any good programs for hardware diagnostics like this? Something that will tell me if a particular component is flawed.

Thanks!
Gary Knowlton

charly

could bee that your GPU get's hot, so watch at what temperature your pc turns off.
check it also when you're running on 3D games or simulations. (my old MSI worked well, untill i started a 4D helisimulator).

hope you'll get it
ciao

oscaryu1

VIP Member
could bee that your GPU get's hot, so watch at what temperature your pc turns off.
check it also when you're running on 3D games or simulations. (my old MSI worked well, untill i started a 4D helisimulator).

hope you'll get it
ciao

Notice he says he gets it during idling also. X out overheating.

I'm seeing a software conflict. Try using only one card.

charly

Could be true that he has some troubles with free irq's, but using 1 card only does'nt solve the problem. guess you mention to check the drivers (updates) ?

here's a link to a tool to check your hardware
http://www.lavalys.com/

ciao