BSOD on startup

MineIQ1701

Today, while using my computer, often when I would try to do something completely normal (watch a video, open a program) a tiny Norton notice would pop up in the corner saying that it had "blocked" some risk that it called (i forget exactly) Trojan.somethingsomething. It then prompted me saying that it needed to restart to fully remove the threats. I restarted, and BOOM, here I am, crying in a fetal position beside I keep BSODing on startup. The various safe mode startup options do nothing, I reset my BIOS settings, nothing. It just shows the standard win 7 startup animation, stops halfway through, and BSODs.

claptonman

Boot up using one stick of RAM.

Cannot get into it with safe mode at all?

Can you get another computer/another hard drive? Scan your hard drive using malwarebytes. Or if you have an extra drive, install windows to it and use it to scan your C drive.

MineIQ1701

I'm going to go ahead and pass on the ram right now (its under my CPU cooler) since the earlier activity with it not playing any videos and the Norton warnings leads me to believe that its a virus/trojan, can you link me to the program?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have the windows 7 install dvd? If so, boot to it, choose to repair your system. At the end of it, you will be able to choose a recovery option. Choose to do a system restore back to a day when everything was working fine.

66b9e3c2-bb67-47bf-802c-b753b54bcc19_48.jpg

MineIQ1701

Can I download it to my sisters laptop and hook up my drive and scan it from there? Also how do I do a memtest seeing as I cant get into Windows?

claptonman

Can I download it to my sisters laptop and hook up my drive and scan it from there? Also how do I do a memtest seeing as I cant get into Windows?

If you have an HDD dock. And you can burn memtest onto a CD and boot to it to test the RAM.

But do what John said to do, first. If that works, scan with malwarebytes.

MineIQ1701

I knew that 3$ system repair disk on amazon would come in handy one day :D. It's booting up and ill run the program you recomended, thanks