BSOD On Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Lets see if bluescreenview will give us a better discription of whats going on.

Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

How long ago did you buy it? With it being under warranty and if we can't figure out what is causing it then you can always take it in and have them look at it. Maybe you can get a new one out of it. Where did you get it from?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Is the minidump folder empty? There is no scan button, as soon as the program opens it scan automatically and all you do is follow the instructions I posted prior.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Why is the minidump folder empty? Did you empty it? Can't do anything now until you start having blue screens again. Let it happen about 3 times and then post the bluescreen log for me.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Is it fully updated and not expired? Is there anyway to uninstall it for now and use a different virus/malware protection like AVAST or MSE?

Also, I would like for you to attach the minidump file to your next reply. I want to look at this at a different angle.

Okedokey

Ensure you have ACHI set in teh bios and the latest bios installed. THis is related to a hard drive controller driver.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Go in your BIOS and see if you can set the HDD to COMPATIBILITY MODE instead of AHCI.

Still it is weird that THAT would be a problem if your computer works fine for few days and then ALL OF A SUDDEN you get BSOD.If it's AHCI then you would not be able to even use Windows and even be able to fully boot from the Windows disk lol.

Still try to set it to COMPATIBILITY mode if possible and see if that helps.
(Of course...if you even have that option)...if not...download AHCI drivers for your hardware.

Cheers!