BSOD while playing games, damages HDD

bbrano123

Hello I have a problem with my PC. BSOD is jumping out while I am playing medium and heavier games. Every time before BSOD shows my PC makes weird noises. I found out that it was my hard drive making these noises. So I downloaded CrystalDiskInfo and find some uncorrectable sectors. I thought it was maybe because it was old so I bought a new one but nothing changed. Still BSOD while playing games pops out. I checked status of my new hard drive and find some current pending sectors so I dont think it has something to do with HDD... it just damage it.
I would be very happy if anybody could help me with this problem. :)

PC spec:
Lenovo M925 case
Lenovo MAHOBAY motherboard
INTEL i5 3570
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 570
8gb ram
1TB HDD
SilentiumPC 450W

Are you able to tell what error gets thrown when the BSOD comes up?
Since you already got a new hard drive and you get the same problem, we can probably rule that out
I would try running a memory test to see if your ram is going bad
I checked status of my new hard drive and find some current pending sectors so I dont think it has something to do with HDD... it just damage it.
I'm not sure what you mean exactly by "it just damage it"?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Download and run the following so we can see what the bluescreens are all about. I can tell you right now that you'll need to upgrade the power supply as its not providing the system with enough power since you are using an rx570. You need a good 500-550 watt unit, don't skimp on it either. The power supply is the backbone of the system.

Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

bbrano123

Download and run the following so we can see what the bluescreens are all about. I can tell you right now that you'll need to upgrade the power supply as its not providing the system with enough power since you are using an rx570. You need a good 500-550 watt unit, don't skimp on it either. The power supply is the backbone of the system.

Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.
==================================================
Dump File : 110620-34437-01.dmp
Crash Time : 6. 11. 2020 14:17:42
Bug Check String : CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
Bug Check Code : 0x000000ef
Parameter 1 : ffffd48e`d3ecf240
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+1c2ce0
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 10.0.18362.1139 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+1c2ce0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\110620-34437-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 18362
Dump File Size : 219 594
Dump File Time : 6. 11. 2020 14:41:30
==================================================

sorry for late reply I didnt have much time recently

bbrano123

Are you able to tell what error gets thrown when the BSOD comes up?
Since you already got a new hard drive and you get the same problem, we can probably rule that out
I would try running a memory test to see if your ram is going bad

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by "it just damage it"?
I tried memory test and there were no errors so my ram is good.

I mean I´ve bought this hdd recently so there can´t be anything wrong with that.. so I think something has bad affect on that and it damages my hdd as I can see on that yellow light in C5 (image).

Bez názvu.png

Attachments

• Bez názvu.png
    Bez názvu.png
    69 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Your hard drive has bad sectors now. You need to run a checkdisk on that drive so that it can fix it. In order to find out what that bluescreen was all about, please navigate the to the following file and zip it up and attach it to your next reply.

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\110620-34437-01.dmp I will then try to debug it.

bbrano123

Your hard drive has bad sectors now. You need to run a checkdisk on that drive so that it can fix it. In order to find out what that bluescreen was all about, please navigate the to the following file and zip it up and attach it to your next reply.

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\110620-34437-01.dmp I will then try to debug it.
here´s the file

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    49.1 KB · Views: 1

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The file that it crashed on was a windows file csrss.exe. So at this point, its pretty much inconclusive on why it happened. It could be anything from an outdated driver, a malware infection, etc. As said, run the checkdisk on that drive and then continue to use system and report anything new.

bbrano123

The file that it crashed on was a windows file csrss.exe. So at this point, its pretty much inconclusive on why it happened. It could be anything from an outdated driver, a malware infection, etc. As said, run the checkdisk on that drive and then continue to use system and report anything new.
Well I am scanning my drive now so I will send results later on but I forgot to write the main thing I think that´s all about... This PC is refurbished and when I bought it almost 2years ago, There was Trojan in that PC or some other type of malware. I reinstalled windows and removed the virus but bsod was popping out already back then. I have a feeling it was that Virus that may have damaged some component but I dont know how to solve that

beers

Staff member
It sounds like you may already have another component that is throwing errors like RAM.

BSOD wouldn't physically damage a drive.

bbrano123

It sounds like you may already have another component that is throwing errors like RAM.

BSOD wouldn't physically damage a drive.
But a virus can damage a component or not? Cause I think the Virus damaged some component and because of that the system cannot run properly..

beers

Staff member
But a virus can damage a component or not? Cause I think the Virus damaged some component and because of that the system cannot run properly..
I'd take it to a shop in your situation as you don't really understand computers.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I have a feeling it was that Virus that may have damaged some component
That will never happen. The issue is most likely a bad driver or possibly as said a ram issue but the info in the crash dump said nothing about ram. Since you aren't familiar with how things work, I would suggest taking it in to have it looked at. If you know how to, I would first start by updating any outdated drivers.

bbrano123

That will never happen. The issue is most likely a bad driver or possibly as said a ram issue but the info in the crash dump said nothing about ram. Since you aren't familiar with how things work, I would suggest taking it in to have it looked at. If you know how to, I would first start by updating any outdated drivers.
all drivers has the latest update, drive test shows no errors and I did a memtest if some of my ram is bad, but there was no errors (photo).

124344399_690271158577354_7709222406942974945_n.jpg

Last edited: