Bsod

jgoff14

New Member
I'm really mad, I'm still getting the BSOD and I don't know why or what to do about it. I just turned it on, IRQL not less or equal whats the deal? I ran memtest for 30 hours and no errors reported. What next, should I run it again? I really need some help, this is very frustrating and I'm freaking out.
Thanks in advance.
 
Hi jgoff14,

There's a loooong thread here:
http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=53947

Do you get the error in safe mode?

If not, then I would look at your drivers... especially graphics drivers. Using safe mode with networking, you should be able to download the latest driver from the manufacturer's website.

If so, you might want to check your RAM... do you have multiple sticks? Try removing all but one and test them one at a time. They possibly just need to be reseated... you said that you ran memtest and found no errors, so this might not be the problem...

If none of the above works, I would pull all the PCI/AGP cards out of the computer and see if you still get the error. If not, I would start putting them back in one at a time, and see which one causes the error.

Try all that and post back. I'll see if I can help you further. :D
 
There are lots of things that can cause a blue screen. If it is a driver of software related problem, the very easiest solution it to just reformat and reinstall Windows.
 
I would copy down the Blue Screen error code and post it up for us. We might be able to help you find what the problem is.
 
Thanks for all the help, I'll wait for the next time it comes up and post the context of it here. Also if I do a fresh install of win7 is there anything special since I have 64bit and multi vid cards? Do I need to do anything spceial for my sli or will the nvidia drivers take care of that?
 
Back
Top