bsod

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do the following.

Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

spirit

Staff member
I'd advise you test your RAM. You can download Memtest86, burn it to a CD, boot off the CD and then run the test to check your RAM. Leave the test running overnight or whilst you're at work at something. You want to run it for 4 hours minimum really.

Testing RAM is usually the first place to start if you're constantly getting BSODs.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
His bluescreens isn't caused by ram, this is a hardware, driver, software issue. So if you have reinstalled windows, then I would think driver would be out of the question. unless you are using old drivers to reload the system. So we are looking at this being a hardware failure or software. Have you loaded any software since the reinstall? You may want to reinstall windows again but this time don't install any software and run the machine to see if it bluescreens. I'm betting you have a hardware issue. Run a diagnostic on the hard drive to make sure its healthy.

dazzer2011

i am using hdd scan to test the drive. it is a hitachi drive 160 gb, i dont know the model or anything else as i havent been inside the laptop

dazzer2011

i couldnt seem to get it to work, i dont know if i am doing something wrong but it gets stuck on "loading dft".

Last edited: