BSOD

Ritzie11

I have the newest video driver.
I have a Kingston SA200M8250G M.2 ssd
its about 4 months old.
itried some health check it seems to be okay
not all programs shows the drive.

Ritzie11

I tried SSDlife Pro but in this software (C: ) Disk Kingston didnt show up so it didnt show any health https://ssd-life.com/
I tried HDDScan (SSD was also supported) there it did show up https://hddscan.com/
And at last (i couldn't find more diagnostic tools) i tried the build in tool in windows 10, the internet gave me this command: wmic diskdrive get status , in cmd site; https://social.technet.microsoft.co...uilt-in-tools-for-hard-disk-health-check.aspx
and i checked via properties-extra-disk check
Thats what i meant with '' not all programs show the drive''

Ritzie11

I almost forgot, I also did another memtest68 to be sure my ram good now, That passed a 100% twice (After the first pass it kept going and i didnt notice until it past a second time after 45 min.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
All I can tell you right now is keep posting the dump files so I can try debugging them for more information.

Darren

Staff member
I would do a fresh install of all your chipset drivers if you can. Honestly a clean Windows install might be a decent idea if that's feasible.

I somewhat doubt you're having hardware problems with a newish SSD, although it's possible. Slightly incorrect RAM speed settings in BIOS can manifest in weird issues like this too, although I'd think Memtest would stress it out enough to show this, and as you said it's passing now on the new sticks.

In terms of SSD/HDD testing software, I'd only use what the original manufacturer of your drive has available. Especially with SSD's, seems like they get misdetected and I wouldn't trust them for testing purposes. Regular HDD's that's less of an issue.

Ritzie11

I've done a complete reinstall of the nvidia drivers since i already had the newest during the problem.
Iam now 3 days free from a bsod. But I don't cheer too loudly (Thats literaly translated from my language, hope its right)
If the bsod is coming back i post the dumpfile and i will try reinstalling windows.
Now im going to do some research about reinstalling chipset drivers.
I want to say it again, really thank you for your time and help.

I appreciate it

Ritzie11

Annother Crash :(

Minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj_TzXIhWl2kxnM1qKHQg9xRRZ2u?e=l6fsGR

==================================================
Dump File : 021721-6328-01.dmp
Crash Time : 17-2-2021 15:04:48
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000154
Parameter 1 : ffffb30d`cdece000
Parameter 2 : ffff8f08`9052df30
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000002
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3f5a80
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3f5a80
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\021721-6328-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 19041
Dump File Size : 1.402.372
Dump File Time : 17-2-2021 15:07:33
==================================================

Ritzie11

I did wake it was about to enter the password then it happened.
So i searche for ntoskrnl.exe this online.
I saw a few forums that it is caused by gpu driver conflicts.
Last time when i reinstalled my nvidia driver i did it via the advanced install option.
Now did some reseacrhe on the good way to completely reinstall it.
I did use a driver unistaller to delete it completely and in safe mode.
A fresh install of windows should also fix this most of the time accoding to the forum, but not sure yet how to do that i will look into that.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I can bet you anything this is a sleep mode issue with drivers. What video card do you have?

Ritzie11

I had a view BSOD after that driver. They came less frequent. I decided to completely reinstall windows from a usb drive.
It took me a while to figure out but its running now 3 weeks without a single error in system history and not any BSOD.
So i think its fixed i made a return point early on, so i can go back when it starts again, but iam positive that its solved.
I wanted to let you know.
Thanks again for all the time you invasted in this problem.