(Budget?) AMD mobo capable of a slight OC...

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=138_307&vk_sort=1

I'm ordering my parts from there, I know they're slightly overpriced but they're unsurpassed in customer service and I'm one of those people who pay the little extra for good service and support.

Now anyways, I'd prefer to keep it below, say, $150-$170 and will go $200 tops... what would be the best motherboard out of those? ATX/mATX doesn't matter and I don't need an onboard video.

Oh and I'm getting [a 4850e Athlon dual-core]EDIT:a Phenom, probably an X3 and 2x2GB of Kingston DDR2-800 CL5 with that. I plan on squeezing a measley 400-600MHz OC out of the CPU on the stock cooler just for the sake of having an OCed CPU at/beyond 3GHz.

IMPORTANT EDIT: Coming to think of it, I really don't need the OCability... with that in mind, I still want the best for as little as possible. What I'm trying to stress is, I want a good board quality-, not feature-wise, and ability to OC is not something I'm willing to pay a significant extra for.

Keep it as cheap as possible... I'm a mobo noob so I really can't pick one myself :(

ANOTHER EDIT: Also, I'm not looking to upgrade, I made due with a 1.8GHz Sempron for last 3 years so (and would've made due longer if the mobo didn't get shot), maybe apart from a GPU upgrade in a year or two I'm not going to be touching it... so I don't *need* any fancy Phenom support or CF/SLI or any of those whistles, again I'm not going to be paying extra for such features...

Last edited:

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Newegg don't ship to Australia, and I would end up paying near-double prices anyways 'cause of current exchange rates. PCCG just happens to be one of the most reputable computer e-tailers over here, so... yea, I'm pretty much stuck with it.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Scratch that, actually, I just had a look and they're currently out of all Athlons. Ima be getting a Phenom, probably the cheapest X3 I can get. Keep that in mind, everyone! Budget remains, however.