Budget Build Evalutation

Kjob

New Member
Building/upgrading my computer from 3 years ago. Im just wondering if you guys could please critique it and make sure everything is compatable, espescially power and motherboard...Ive done the math and read all the specs and think everythings ok, but not the most knowledgable person in the area so thought I'd ask the experts :D
Also, if you have any recommendations, please feel free to make them, but keep in mind I already kind of feel like Im spending more money than I would like :)
OS: Windows XP Home
Parts Im salvaging are
Case with a built-in 420 W Power Supply
80 GB WD 7200RPM SATA HDD

New Parts:
Video card:
POWERCOLOR AX3870 512MD3-PH Radeon HD 3870 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
CPU:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8400 - Retail
MOBO:
GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
and RAM:
Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
 
Want to keep it as close to 400 as possible, this build after rebates is about where I need/want it to be financially.
 
Back
Top