Budget Gaming Computer

weeksy

And another thing is I will need some sort of wireless card either internal or external any suggestions

weeksy

I live in a rooming house and unfortunately I can only get wired unless i bring my desktop and tv down to the kitchen... would i be better with an actual PCI express card, dont mid spending a bit more money if it means better connection then a USB stick

wireless data rates

USB: up to 150mbps

PCI Express Card: 150/300 transfer/receive

so the actual card will be faster, but i think both are just perfectly fine, its more or less your own personal preference

jonnyp11

well you can get really fast usb ones too, a usb 2.0 slot can handle 480mb/s i believe, and the psi ones can prob go a little higher but you'll never get speeds anywhere even near the 150 so what's it matter, but i o prefer the cleaner look of the pci cards instead of the usb dongle poking out

well you can get really fast usb ones too, a usb 2.0 slot can handle 480mb/s i believe, and the psi ones can prob go a little higher but you'll never get speeds anywhere even near the 150 so what's it matter, but i o prefer the cleaner look of the pci cards instead of the usb dongle poking out

lol dont we all wish we could get the 150 mbps

jonnyp11

yes, just without paying like 200 a month for that alone, i'm fine with my 20+ continuous speed though, way more than most.

yes, just without paying like 200 a month for that alone, i'm fine with my 20+ continuous speed though, way more than most.

it sucks, in canada you cant get anything more then like 50, and with that you get 50 down and 2 up, with is gay, and in canada you CAN NOT get unlimited internet, its like against the law or some shit up here for companies to offer unlimited now, same with cell phones, you cant get unlimited calling on a phone

jonnyp11

we get unlimited i'm pretty sure, and our upload is over 3mb/s, and you can get the 150 and i think up to 300 or more mb/s here, but that's with like comcast business class not regular, which basically means overpriced bs.

weeksy

I was with Bell and had unlimited and they couldnt change it because the plan we signed up for 5 years earlier was unlimited,so I took full advantage of it but then other members of my family decided to switch to rogers just over a year ago to get the deals they offer with combined services and now its capped at 80gb/month

weeksy

Also with that wireless networking card you said, the reviews show that a lot of people had trouble with it and windows 7 64bit - Worth the risk or just get a different one?

claptonman

Get a USB one. Much easier to install. Your router is probably only sending around 50-100mb/s so a faster receiver won't make it faster.