Budget Gaming PC for around $600

Benny Boy

Not rally a good one to build. You could do better with $600.
The motherboard is a cheap model.
The RAM is older tech.
The case has no cable management features, comes with only 1 fan, and the power supply is worthless.
The 5770 is overpriced by $50.
Could have x4 processor for that $600.

Last edited:

Benny Boy

Still better to buy part by part and get what you can/want the 1st time. And usually from 1 place, so shipping costs less-1 place to deal with-everything is delivered at the same time. Newegg.com is one such place. Good customer service, choices on quality parts, and lots of free shipping & promo discounts.
I want to build my first PC to save money.
Generally, it costs about the same. The biggest differences is you choose, where the $ is spent, each part is quality instead of settling on the inferior, it's custom to you, along with the sence of accomplishment and fun :).

Benny Boy

Hey!

You did very well imo :good:.

Yep, it's all there and will all work together. However, lol, if you're buying from NE, did you sign up for the eblast promos? Reason I ask is because that same processor is/was $95. And what about a combo deal? motherboard/cpu..case/os..anything like that worthy of a look?
I think MSI is ok. Gigabyte and ASUS seem to be the most popular/preffered.
OH, and the power supply, about the only good one CoolerMaster makes is the Silent Pro series. Check out Power Supply (PSU) Tech Guide .

If you can find enough deals on some good parts, you might get a 6850 in there.

Benny Boy

Maybe someone can come up with a SB build in the $600 range.

Power Supplies
840/870
880/6850
870/6850
Cases
Burner
Case + Burner

Altho the 650w is way more than needed, I think it's build quality is better, room to upgrade, and modular.

The 945 isn't worth the extra $10 over the 640 since the 640 can be easily clocked up to, and above, the stock speeds of the 645 or 840. So the 640 would be another option.

Last edited: