Build Check Please

surfing4ever24

New Member
Okay, first time builder. Looking to build a good gaming rig for about a budget of $500. I already have a media room setup where I have Fios TV, my xbox and another computer hooked up by vga to a 20 inch flatscreen, I've already got speakers, keyboard, and mouse as well.

Here's what I've got so far, feel free to critique and suggest!

Motherboard: 60


CPU: 70



Case: 55 (after rebate)



Power Supply: 60



Graphics Card: 120



RAM: 44


HDD: 45


Total Price: $454

I've heard bad things about Vista, so I'm going to use XP Pro SP3 on this computer... unless someone can talk me out of it for the price and performance.
 
Last edited:
Thank you for spending the time to reply!

A couple quick questions.
Would you recommend a micro-atx over a regular atx motherboard?

What games at what settings would I be looking at running on this rig?
 
There's no difference, unless you're wanting a tiny computer.

Depends what games you want to run. But with a HD4850, it should honestly max out any game you throw at it.
 
Back
Top