ASUS M5A87 AM3+, AMD 870, SATA3, USB 3.0
8GB (2x4GB) PC12800 DDR3 1600 Dual Channel
ATI Radeon HD 6850 1GB PCI Express 16x dual head DVI, HDMI
2000.0 GB Hitachi 7200RPM SATA3, 6.0Gb/s, 64mb cache
LG 22x DVD Recorder Dual Layer +R/RW -R/RW
Realtek HD digital audio (onboard)
Wireless 802.11 N 150MBs Network Card PCI
Thermaltake V3 black edition, front USB Case
Dual Case Fans 120 mm Extra Quiet DC fan (two fans)
Cooler Master 500W Extra Quiet ATX Power Supply w/ 6pin PCI-E
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit DVD w/SP1

7angofragger

Looks good. That should max out the power supply. I like to leave a little room (wattage wise) on my PSUs, but it will work.

I would check and verify what ever ram you're getting, is on the QVL for that motherboard. it should be listed on their site.

mx344

^I agree, id personally go with a 550+ watter w/ more amps, just so you have that extra head room in case you wanna upgrade later, or even overclock.

Change the 965, to a 960T :)

Looks good though.

jonnyp11

suckatchi aren't the best, a seagate or samsung or western digital will be faster, even though they're all at 7200rpm.

and are you building this or ordering it somewhere, building your own is almost always better.

TekMaster

I would have to agree with jonny on the whole Hitachi ordeal. Even though Hitachi HDDs are actually more reliable than people think, I would still go with a WD or seagate. I would check out the Cooler Master Hyper N 520 though (depending on the size case you have, it can be quite bulky in a mid tower)

and go ahead and get a better PSU than a 500W in my opinion. if you wanted to upgrade and a CrossFireX link in the future
(not sure if the 870 northbridge supports it though, never had an 8-series. Jumped straight from the 7-series to the 9)

Last edited:

jonnyp11

oh yeah, that case isn't the best, not a bad looker or anything, but virtually 0 cable management. look at the cooler master haf 912 is what i'd say.