build excellent computer-help

joshj

I would change the Wireless part. Get .11g You'll appreciate it sooner or later. And, get it as a PCI or PCI-E x1 card. It'll work better than usb, I think.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Platinum - Retail
Any extended details on what this is? Given the processor and the motherboard, you might want to consider OCz VX memory (or Mushkin Redline)

Logitech MX518 931352-0403 2-Tone 8 Buttons 1x Wheel USB + PS/2 Optical Mouse - Retail
Cant help but suggest you consider the MX1000 :)

BFG Tech BFGR68256UOCX Geforce 6800Ultra 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI-Express x16 Video Card - Retail
You might want to consider the 6800GT ... much more financially sound as the difference is 25/50 MHz (especially if you consider overclocking)

DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
w00t w00t :D

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Retail
prolly save some money on the OEM

pump DD Acetal MAZE4
Thats actually a waterblock :p Id suggest you consider the PolarFlo http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-blc-102.html (just noted you have 1/2" setup but this comes in 1/2" too if i recall)

ripken2004

@praetor:
- apparently i screwed up my watercooling list, gunna fix that up
- if i was gunna get 1gig i would get the redline(vry good reviews) but i want 2gigs
cus i do alot of photoshopping and programming
-never knew bout that mouse, SWEET
-the difference for the cards is 55/100 according to neweggs cards, but i think ill
go gt anyways, what would be the best fot gt? evga i think or would it still be bfg?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
if i was gunna get 1gig i would get the redline(vry good reviews) but i want 2gigs
cus i do alot of photoshopping and programming
2GB Redline is prolly stupid expensive but 2GB of Corsair 4400C25 may not be too bad

-the difference for the cards is 55/100 according to neweggs cards, but i think ill
go gt anyways, what would be the best fot gt? evga i think or would it still be bfg?
BFG card is better because it comes stock overclocked and has a better air cooling solution. HOWEVER, you plan on using watercooling and the OC amount isnt significant so really, get the cheapest one you can find :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
and i didnt say i was going to get 2 gigs of redline, im getting 2 1 gig sticks of ocz
Well Redline, VX, its all stupid expensive. ('sides we dont know what type of OCz you were getting ... see my first question)

ripken2004

my comp looks pretty good now, i just need some help on the best possible water cooling parts, i just kinda put those together- so are all of the watercoolong parts good or what?