Build me a pc?

dirtbikeryzz

New Member
This is more to compare prices, can you build be the best pc you can for 2,500$ including shipping. No OS or Monitor needed. Rig for gaming.
 
This is what i would get :)
intel core i7 920 = $288.99 Free shipping
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 = $289.99 $2.99 Shipping.
G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 $179.99 $5.99 Shipping.
CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-950TX 950W $159.99 Free Shipping
COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Full Tower = $159.98 $24.99 Shipping
Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2MH080G2R5 80GB-Retail SSD $299.99 Free Shipping
Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EADS 2TB $179.99 Free Shipping
XFX HD-587A-ZNF9 Radeon HD 5870 X2 = 795.98 Free Shipping
Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B CPU Cooler = $64.99 $7.56 Shipping.
Sony Optiarc Black $25.99 $1.99 Shipping
Total = $2489.40
 
Ok this went from a price test to an actual might get this sooo heres a few things I want.

The hdd you have is to big, I want a 750-1tb 32mb cache 7200rpm
Not a fan boy ati or nvidia idc
and is the i7 960 the exact same as the 920? I mean can i buy a 920 overclock it to 3.20ghz and have the temps be like a normal 960 and run just as well?

also I guess ill let you guys in on whats going on. I bought the rig in my sig for 2,500$ from a local place including a 25inch full 1080p monitor and OS. Now a guy wants to buy my rig for 2,500$, which made me go ok well if i sell this I can build another with some faster RAM, better psu, and i was thinking a 5970. Plus I'm sick of my rig under performing in every game I play.
 
Last edited:
^id go for it, because with an expensive rig like that you gotta have dx11, and i7 is good, people prefer to get the 920 because of its price point, and the fact that you can still overclock it to 4.0+.


I would def. take this offer.
 
yeah now that it went to a might be i'd change the ssd to the OEM one that costs $219 :D and a nice 1TB hdd just to save some money :) and yeah with the 920 you can overclock past 3.2 GHz and have nice temps with that cooler
 
So what does the 960 have the 920 doesn't aside from a high clock? I'm all for things cheaper that will work the same but remember I'm not trying to have extra cash when I'm done, and 2,500$ is going to the compute. So please some more builds for me to look over.
 
Last edited:
The only difference is the speed (2.66 to 2.8 i think).

I wouldn't get the WD Caviar Green if I was you, rather go for a black or something. The Green's underperform.
 
^ Definitely. The greens are made to be low-power drives, even though they fail at it. They're only 5400RPM if I remember correctly.
 
So far this is all I have. Still need a basic cd drive, cpu cooler, case, and psu.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136283
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131322 (two)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145224
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131358
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115225

I know the mobo is a bit pricey but I've heard great things, also went with the i7 930 and plan on overclocking it so I want a good cooler. At 1,973 without shipping.
 
you do realize that you're going to need a pump, at least a triple radiator, and a case that can support 3 120mm fans in a row, right?
 
You can't use those cards then, they need to be liquid cooled, those blocks alone aren't a complete liquid cooling system
 
^ Yes, noob is right, do you see any fans on that card? its all liquid cooled, thats another reason the price is higher.
 
Back
Top