Building £1000/£1100

spirit

Staff member
Any quality 600W unit will be plenty powerful enough. :)

Have you still got your eye on the Corsair CX 600?

KevinKevin

Any quality 600W unit will be plenty powerful enough. :)

Have you still got your eye on the Corsair CX 600?

Yes. So I'm about to buy this.

Fractal Design Define R4
ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
i5 3750K
1TB SEAGATE SATA III
GIGABYTE GTX670
16GB CORSAIR 1600MHz
LG BLU-RAY SATA
Noctua NH-D14 CPU COOLER
Samsung S23B300H
Windows 8 64-bit

Thoughts lol :)

spirit

Staff member
It's all good stuff. See if you can get the CX 600 M (modular) and then I'd go for it! :good:

KevinKevin

New PC all put together. Very very fast. I managed to install 8GB of ram, the other 8GB wouldn't fit as the DH-14 wouldn't fit onto the CPU. So I'm gunna have to get ram that isn't too tall. Thanks a bunch though!! :)

spirit

Staff member
New PC all put together. Very very fast. I managed to install 8GB of ram, the other 8GB wouldn't fit as the DH-14 wouldn't fit onto the CPU. So I'm gunna have to get ram that isn't too tall. Thanks a bunch though!! :)

Ahh crap sorry I didn't think about high-profile RAM and those huge coolers, sorry. :(

Yeah you'll have to get some low-profile RAM. There's low-profile Corsair Vengeance which is good RAM.

Really pleased you're impressed so far though - apart from the RAM. ;)

KevinKevin

Ahh crap sorry I didn't think about high-profile RAM and those huge coolers, sorry. :(

Yeah you'll have to get some low-profile RAM. There's low-profile Corsair Vengeance which is good RAM.

Really pleased you're impressed so far though - apart from the RAM. ;)

I'm pleased so far. However, if I shut the computer down and then want to start it up again, there's no power. It seems like there's a timer before it can come on again. It's really weird. Restarting the computer there's no problem at all. It boots really quickly. I shut it down earlier, unplugged for about an hour. Came back, switch the plug on at the wall, pushed power and nothing happened for about 10 minutes. All of a sudden it allowed me to turn it on.

KevinKevin

Now it wont come on. It thinks about it for 2 seconds then goes off! So annoying. All I changed in bios was ram speed as it was at 1300, changed it to 1600. And system settings from normal to optimum power on Asus bios.

KevinKevin

So I rest the bios and it started up. Again when it is shut down it will not start up for a long period of time. I have 4GB stick in 2a and 4GB stick in 2b. Might the problem be leaving 1a & 1b empty be the problem? Their left as heat sink is in the way.

spirit

Staff member
You could try and update it, but more likely there's something wrong with either the CPU or the memory. Tried reseating everything?

KevinKevin

I've tried reseating the memory. Nothing changed. Its in a repair shop now. The guy said i installed mobo wrong. Something about the mobo touching the back of the metal case which causes shorts but could also be bios. Gunna hear back soon hopefully. Im gutted. Really gutted.