building 500.00 budget pc hows it look? intel

zer0_c00l

Active Member
ok im building my brother a 500.00 budget gaming computer..heres what i got so far... hows it look? CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115052 MoBo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131275 GPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814261012 CASE: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147073 PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817189005 DVD ROM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151153 IF YOU CAN PUT TOGETHER A BETTER 500.00 BEFORE SHIPPING gaming computer please do...i no nothing about intel hardware/chipsets thanks p.s already have some corsair xms memory
 
Haven't seen them Oscar? ATi has some new cards ;)

The HD4850 is $199 and it's better than the 8800GT and comparable with the GTS (G92).

Other than that, it looks pretty sweet! :)

i thought that it was supposed to be better then the 9800GTX? the 8800GTS loses to it no doubt.
 
Well yeah, it beats the 9800GTX on most benchies but the 9800GTX is basically an overclocked 8800GTS (G92) which is why I didn't say it owns the 8800GTS
 
huh? the 9800GTX is still faster and you should compare GPU's to their fastest competitor, which is the GTX in this case.

it doesnt really matter TBH lol
 
Lol yeah, it doesn't really.

Just to clarify lol. This is how I see it

8800GTS/HD4850 < 9800GTX < 9800GX2/HD4870
 
ok im building my brother a 500.00 budget gaming computer..heres what i got so far... hows it look? CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115052 MoBo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131275 GPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814261012 CASE: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147073 PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817189005 DVD ROM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151153 IF YOU CAN PUT TOGETHER A BETTER 500.00 BEFORE SHIPPING gaming computer please do...i no nothing about intel hardware/chipsets thanks p.s already have some corsair xms memory

By the way, don't get P35 Mobo. Get ASUS P5Q.
 
No I didn't! :D

How "comparable" is it? Better or worse?

Well as I was saying to "lovely?". It beats the 9800GTX on most benchmarks and since the 9800GTXis basically an overclocked 8800GTS (G92) I figured the HD4850 would be comparable to the 8800GTS(G92) as in "it beats it on most games" ;) :P
 
Back
Top