Building a computer.

Pepsi88

New Member
Well I had a Gateway computer that I got for a new years gift and I dumped $120 into it and then sold it for $550. Then I had to pay some dues witch left me with $350 a poop stain computer.

Is it possible to build a light gaming computer for $350?
 
It should be possible but where are you located? because people would like to know from where you can get your parts.
 
Do you still have any computer parts you can use for the build such as a case? I think you could pull it off, though if you have to buy a new windows copy that'll make it more expensive. I built something that I might call a light gamer for $210 but that didn't include windows, case, psu, dvd, or hard drives...
 
I have a Dell Optiplex GX620 desktop.
3.0Ghz Intel Inside Pentium D
2GB Ram
152GB Hard drive
Window Xp Home edition(still have the disk)

I guess I can remove the DVD,CD, and Floppy drive. The powersupply is only 305watts. That's pretty much it I think.
 
I have a Dell Optiplex GX620 desktop.
3.0Ghz Intel Inside Pentium D
2GB Ram
152GB Hard drive
Window Xp Home edition(still have the disk)

I guess I can remove the DVD,CD, and Floppy drive. The powersupply is only 305watts. That's pretty much it I think.

152GB? When did hard drives go by weird numbers like that? Yeah, keep the CD/DVD Drive, do you know what type of RAM it is?
 
152GB? When did hard drives go by weird numbers like that?

Always. It's probably a 160Gb drive. They never amount to exactly what they state.

Here's what I would get for $350 using Onboard Video

$351.93

AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8GHz $58.99

Foxconn M61PMV $36.99

G.SKILL 2GB DDR2 800 $44.99

XCLIO GOODPOWER 500W $45.99

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 160GB $39.99

Rosewill Computer Case $19.99

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM $104.99
 
Last edited:
^ can't most games run on xp? if so, windows is unneeded and thats a lot of $$$ for a graphics card. he also wouldnt need the case.

also, i wouldnt bother putting a floppy drive in.
 
Last edited:
@Stoic Sentinel

That is what it's telling me whenI hover my mouse over my local drive.

My Ram is 2x(1GB) 240pin DDR2(PC2 5400) I think it's dual channel. Don't know the brand name.

@Bodaggit23

The case and Harddrive don't matter I think I can grab one from my parent's friends for cheaper(I just asked).
 
Back
Top