Building a Custom Gaming laptop

daibido

I was looking at doing an DYI laptop, Money is not the issue, nor is getting the parts, I was wondering though, what is the best laptop setup to use, So what laptop, Nvidia GPU SLI set up should I go with, are there any that can do Three way Hybrid SLI with one embedded chip and two dedicated GPU's, or has that been phased out? What Boutique Laptop should I use as a base, what Nvidia GPU would work the best, What Intel CPU would do the best. Are there i7 Laptops other than Clevo that can do SLI? Lastly, are there Laptops that can be modded to have a Multi-touch screen or to have two Multi-touch screens, one in the place of the keyboard? I am going to use this to play Crysis and other graphics intensive Games.

zulu

I suggest you "Customize" the most expensive Alienware laptop to teh MAXIMUM! i got up to $6,378 on it. see how high u can get, then Buy. Simple. go with intel, more reliable, faster, and ya... intel Core™2 Extreme Quad QX9300 2.53GHzdual, GTX280 = 2gig, 8gig RAM @ 1333mhz, that's 1 sexxxyyy beast.. or get a desktop and save money and they are more upgradable.

spsfinest212

Zulu is right there you should just invest in a gaming desktop instead of a laptop. The battery life on a system like the Alienware or any good gaming laptop can't be more than an hour anyway.

Fatback

VIP Member
If your want a gaming computer a laptop is not the way to go. It would be a lot better to build your self a desktop. You get better customization like what parts and brands go into it. It will bring you a all around better gaming experience. Plus you can build a desktop a laptop you will have to buy from a retailer and even though they let you customize it you still don't know what brand of parts are going into it. Save your self a lot of money and spend about $1500 on a nice desktop gaming computer. Then if you still want a laptop buy a basic internet netbook or notebook.

Last edited:

zulu

If your won't a gaming computer a laptop is not the way to go. It would be a lot better to build your self a desktop. You get better customization like what parts and brands go into it. It will bring you a all around my better gaming experience. Plus you can build a desktop a laptop you will have to buy from a retailer and even though they let you customize it you still don't know what brand of parts are going into it. Save your self a lot of money and spend about $1500 on a nice desktop gaming computer. Then if you still won't a laptop buy a basic internet netbook or notebook.

im kinda getting confused on the won't or want words... :eek:

Drewat17

If your want a gaming computer a laptop is not the way to go. It would be a lot better to build your self a desktop. You get better customization like what parts and brands go into it. It will bring you a all around better gaming experience. Plus you can build a desktop a laptop you will have to buy from a retailer and even though they let you customize it you still don't know what brand of parts are going into it. Save your self a lot of money and spend about $1500 on a nice desktop gaming computer. Then if you still want a laptop buy a basic internet netbook or notebook.

I would haft to agree with Fatback. You would get more satisfaction out of a desktop rather than a laptop.

leejaedong

Agree with getting a desktop gaming system. It's more practical and besides, do you really want to lug around a heavy Alienware or any High end laptop? Besides the desktop is more expandable compared to the laptop. But then again, its still up to you though. Just our 2 cents.