Building a gaming PC - please review components

azwebs

Well, these are the new specs for my mates' gaming pc. Was just wondering if someone could check them over for us.

9800gtxug9.png

Vista will be upgraded to Ultimate 64 bit using a disk from school, and we have a screen (22"), keyboard, mouse and SATA cables.

Thanks for any help.

Nice looking rig. If you have a few extra dollars to invest in it tho I'd suggest getting a faster model of the quad core. I have the Q6600 personally and I've been nothing but satisfied with it, but for a few extra bucks you could even upgrade it to the Q6700 and get that much extra clockspeed

azwebs

Yeah, thanks for that. It will probably be overclocked anyway, as the Antec has 1 x 20cm top fan, 2 x 12cm front fans cooling hdd and board, and 2 x 12cm fans, 1 rear and 1 side. It also has the Arctic Freezer 7 Pro cooling it, and I've heard people getting stable clocks at 3.7ghz with that combination.

It'll probably only be OC'ed to 3.0ghz though. I had heard that the Q6600 was better for overclock. What's your opinions?

Thanks again.

azwebs

Also, the Q6700 is about £80 more expensive (about $100 atm I think). So I think the overclocked Q6600 (for less than £880) is the way to go to be honest.

azwebs

So what you think about all those then? I'm gonna order this later today for delivery on Tuesday if you guys give the go-ahead.

BlackRat

I have used that ASUS 2 times and sweared not to buy it anymore, one time I could barely start the computer, the other one it would not remember any overclock settings. If I would need 750i I would get only EVGA FTW, but I know it costs more. That's why I have switched to P45 boards, Intel chipsets seem to be better/stable overclockers