Building a gaming pc

bullgoalie27

New Member
I'm new to this board. I'm looking to build a pc mainly for gaming. I'll also be doing some school stuff on it. I'm looking to build it myself and spend about $1000 counting my monitor. I've heard certain components are compatible with others but I'm not sure what to go with. Can anyone give me a breakdown on what they recommend? My goal is to be able to play crysis and CoD World at War at the highest settings. I'm hoping to be able to get good components too. Let me know if it's realistic for my price range and what I can do. Thanks!
 
Computer
CPU + Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition @ 3.1GHz + ASUS Crosshair Formula III
NOTE: To unlock this CPU to a quad core using the Crosshair 3 Formula motherboard you need the most recent BIOS update, it stabilizes the unleashing mode function for this specific chip. (For those of you who have the Asus Crosshair 3, you must Enable Unleashing mode and set the ACC function to AUTO).
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.308618
Combo Price: $315.99 No Tax
RAM
OCZ AMD Black Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227496&cm_re=amd-_-20-227-496-_-Product
$125.99 No tax
Hard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Black Hard Drive - 500 GB - 7200 rpm - 3.5" - Internal - WD5001AALS
http://www.compbargains.com/_e/Hard...igital_Caviar_Black_WD5001AALS_Hard_Drive.htm ?
$74.99 No tax + Free shipping
Video Card
XFX HD-577A-ZNDC Radeon HD 5770 XXX Edition 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150464
$211.99 No tax
Power Supply
OCZ Z-series 650 watt + UV Blue Y Cable
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/SKUSearch_v3.asp?px=FO&scriteria=AA75898
$84.99
Case
NZXT LEXA S LEXS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146060
$79.99 No tax + Free shipping
BLU-RAY drive/Multi-format burner
Plextor PX-B320SA
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827249050
$169.99
CPU Cooler
Corsair H50

Total should be around $1000 USD, (the stuff i listed is canadian, for us version replace the '.ca' part in the url with '.com')
 
Lemon07r - you had few mistakes in your PC in a different topic so I will write this yet again:

Change your motherboard to Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P AMD 790X AM3 DDR3

To it, invest in AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition.

RAM also to 1600Mhz, but I'd suggest OCZ Reaper HPC Dual Channel 2 x 1GB DDR3.

For graphic card you should get ATi Radeon HD4870.

Power supply; Thermaltake Toughpower W0128RU 650W

The rest of your PC is fine, it can work well.
 
Lemon07r - you had few mistakes in your PC in a different topic so I will write this yet again:

Change your motherboard to Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P AMD 790X AM3 DDR3

To it, invest in AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition.

RAM also to 1600Mhz, but I'd suggest OCZ Reaper HPC Dual Channel 2 x 1GB DDR3.

For graphic card you should get ATi Radeon HD4870.

Power supply; Thermaltake Toughpower W0128RU 650W

The rest of your PC is fine, it can work well.

I changed it a little bit and stated why to keep it like the way it is.
 
Check out my thread i have the same prob. (max 1k us or 1.1k candian $ gaming pc.) Thread name is "PLS help with first build. PLS comment too."
 
Last edited:
Back
Top