Building a gaming pc....:)

Gzsx93

Hey every1

im planing on building my own gaming cpu soon. However this will be be my first cpu i have ever made. Can some 1 answer some questions for me? how can i tell if the parts will fit into the case?

and is it possible for any1 to post some links to some good pc parts for a gaming pc build?

looking for a budgit around 1000 or less.

thx every 1 =D

roaminggnome55

well, look at the dell website. My comp was total i think around $950 and it works pretty well for gaming. The only problem I ahve ever had with it (among some minor lag issues in some games , *cough* bf2 *cough*) was the hard drive space, which was easily fixed by a 250Gb external drive.

Ps i think my comp model was a dimension E350. there are a bunch of better models but this one was the best balance of price and performance (at least I thought so)

jutnm

Hey every1

im planing on building my own gaming cpu soon. However this will be be my first cpu i have ever made. Can some 1 answer some questions for me? how can i tell if the parts will fit into the case?

and is it possible for any1 to post some links to some good pc parts for a gaming pc build?

looking for a budgit around 1000 or less.

thx every 1 =D

Building your first CPU ?????

well, look at the dell website. My comp was total i think around $950 and it works pretty well for gaming. The only problem I ahve ever had with it (among some minor lag issues in some games , *cough* bf2 *cough*) was the hard drive space, which was easily fixed by a 250Gb external drive.

Ps i think my comp model was a dimension E350. there are a bunch of better models but this one was the best balance of price and performance (at least I thought so)

You just got screwed!! Dell are total pieces of junk. Ask mostly anyone on the forum. They do a 'half-arsed' job on everything, including the aluminum foil heatsinks. You can't overclock, they are not easily upgraded and the Dell motherboards and RAM are all the time having issues. I hate to bring this to your attention so harshly, but the truth hurts, Sorry. For $950, Dell screwed you with an X600 and a Pentium D, I think I bought an X1300, P4 Gaming rig for a total of $550, that's been a year ago... How long has this been? DON'T BUY DELL!!

Anyway, for a motherboard, I would go with a Gigabyte P35-DS3R or DS3L.

Just my suggestion...

It has $40 in rebates and is pretty well up there

Last edited:

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I couldn't say any different than the build Intel put together, unless you want a cooler looking case lol. :D

evo274

INTELCRAZY, what exactly is Vista Home Premium for "System Builders" and how is it different from the normal 64bit Vista Home Premium? First time I've ever seen it.

INTELCRAZY, what exactly is Vista Home Premium for "System Builders" and how is it different from the normal 64bit Vista Home Premium? First time I've ever seen it.

It's just for OEM systems... Microsoft tries to limit it to ppl like you and others who build their systems, I bought it for my rig in my sig. Retail comes with the pretty case and some manual for it, do you really need that? Retail, IMO, is a rip off, there is not a difference between the two.

vonfeldt7

I agree with the whole..."dont go dell" thing...

I still regret purchasing from dell..I could have got a WAY better computer than I did. (and spend $1200)

daisymtc

It's just for OEM systems... Microsoft tries to limit it to ppl like you and others who build their systems, I bought it for my rig in my sig. Retail comes with the pretty case and some manual for it, do you really need that? Retail, IMO, is a rip off, there is not a difference between the two.

To my understanding, OEM OS can only be purchased when you buying ur CPU + MB + RAM together...
But not sure it is correct...

Gzsx93

Thank u intel i think im gonna go with your build u linked im quite satisfyed with it =D...i just added a new cpu case and mouse and keyboard...thx dude

memory

I though that OEM Windows can only be installed once where as the retail can be used over and over again(what's the limit?). That's why OEM is way cheaper. Correct me if I am wrong.

I though that OEM Windows can only be installed once where as the retail can be used over and over again(what's the limit?). That's why OEM is way cheaper. Correct me if I am wrong.

Nope... I think it's 4-5 times that you can install on the same PC. I don't think that you are supposed to use 1 OS disc on 2 different PC's, no one follows that rule anyway.:rolleyes: