Building a new computer, can you check parts and compatability before ordering ?

iReFLeXeS

New Member
If you'd be so kind to check to make sure my parts will all work together, power supply is big enough, and that it will be a pretty powerful computer (will be doing a lot of video editing and will be using a Capture Card to record PS3 gameplay).

The Capture Card I will be using is this one ;
http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/

COMPUTER CASE / RED LED

MOTHER BOARD

CPU / PROCESSOR

RAM MEMORY

HARD DRIVE

GRAPHIC CARD

POWER SUPPLY

CD / DVD DRIVE

MONITOR

Mouse and keyboard are already owned.



Thanks for any help and spending your time to help me, it's greatly appreciated...
And I am pretty sure it would all work, but before dropping 1300+ dollars, rather just have someone screen over it and give it a look... Being I have been out of desktop computers for a while, and I was never really good at BUILDING them - Just using them haha
 
That's a somewhat old GPU....go with a non-nvidia board and an ATI 5000-series gpu. You'll get much better performance for the price.

Will you really use 8GB of RAM? I can barely make use of 2GB. That's a lot of extra money to pay if you don't need it.

I'd go with a better hard drive as well...The Samsung Spinpoint F3 and Western Digital Caviar Black are both significantly faster than that Seagate.
 
I used this card before, so I already have it, only reason I am using it. It will be good enough to run my programs. The hard drive I will look into. I will have 8 GB of RAM just due to how the programs I use ask for a min of 4 GB . . . So yeah, I doubled it just so I dont deal with lag within editing programs.
 
Ah, gotcha. I'd still grab a standard P55 mobo rather than an Nvidia one though. If you make the switch to ATI, it won't let you use some features.

What are you using for editing?
 
Video - GTS 250, not 9800GTX+

Mobo - interesting choice. I personally suggest ATX

Case - Do you really need full tower??
 
Back
Top