Me and my bro are building a new computer. We are trying to keep the PC within a $2000 budget. He intends to run the PC from a very nice TV, therefore we need no monitor, nor speakers. He mostly uses his computer for browsing, but wishes to be able to run top-notch games.
Here is what I have so far.
(Note: Anything in green is basically set in stone, please let me know if there are any conflicts/problems with green items.)
(Anything in red I am looking for and am completely open to upgrades/alternatives.)
(No Color? These parts I am satisfied with, but if you have any comments/conflicts/suggestions, Im all ears)
(I am updating this thread as I change parts, however I am leaving previously chosen parts up simply for reference.)
REQUIRED PIECES
MO-BO:
Current Choice: GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3 LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Previous Choice: Intel BOXDP55WG LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
CPU:
Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80605I7860 - Retail
PSU:
Current Choice: OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ700FTY 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail
Previous Choice: Seventeam ST-850ZAF 850W ATX 12V V2.2 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Retail
RAM:
Current Choice: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH - Retail
Previous Choice: G.SKILL ECO 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q-8GBECO - Retail
VIDEO CARD:
XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Retail
HARD DRIVE:
SAMSUNG F1 RAID Class HE103UJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -Bare Drive
CASE:
XCLIO A380COLOR Fully Black 1.0 mm SECC / ABS Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
DISK DRIVES
BR-DVD Drive:
LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner - Bulk SATA Model WH10LS30 LightScribe Support - OEM
DVD Drive:
LG DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model GH24NS50 - OEM
ADDITIONAL COOLING
CPU FAN:
Dynatron K555 77mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler - Retail
HD COOLING:
EVERCOOL HD-F117 Aluminum HDD Cooling Device - Retail
ADDITIONAL ACCESSORIES
KEYBOARD/MOUSE:
Logitech MX 5500 Revolution Black Bluetooth Cordless Desktop Standard keyboard & Mouse Kit - Retail
Surge Protector:
CyberPower PDU CPS1215RM 10 x NEMA 5-15P Outlets Power Distribution Unit - Retail
Additional USB Ports: CANCELED
Koutech PCI to USB2.0 Card Model IO-PU520 - Retail
All-In-One Card Reader:
CABLES UNLIMITED USB-1610 All-in-one USB 2.0 Card Reader - Retail
That is all I have on the wishlist thus far. I know I will need an OS to run the computer, I'll pick up a copy from Best Buy after we purchase the computer.
My questions:
Will I need to purchase any extra cords?
Will I have any issues with bottlenecking?
Are there any affordable upgrades I should take?
Is everything compatible?
Also, anything you think is definitely a good choice, please make note of it - Once I turn everything green, the build will be ordered.
Thank you all for your help,
-Davo
Here is what I have so far.
(Note: Anything in green is basically set in stone, please let me know if there are any conflicts/problems with green items.)
(Anything in red I am looking for and am completely open to upgrades/alternatives.)
(No Color? These parts I am satisfied with, but if you have any comments/conflicts/suggestions, Im all ears)
(I am updating this thread as I change parts, however I am leaving previously chosen parts up simply for reference.)
REQUIRED PIECES
MO-BO:
Current Choice: GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3 LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Previous Choice: Intel BOXDP55WG LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
CPU:
Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80605I7860 - Retail
PSU:
Current Choice: OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ700FTY 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail
Previous Choice: Seventeam ST-850ZAF 850W ATX 12V V2.2 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Retail
RAM:
Current Choice: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH - Retail
Previous Choice: G.SKILL ECO 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q-8GBECO - Retail
VIDEO CARD:
XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Retail
HARD DRIVE:
SAMSUNG F1 RAID Class HE103UJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -Bare Drive
CASE:
XCLIO A380COLOR Fully Black 1.0 mm SECC / ABS Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
DISK DRIVES
BR-DVD Drive:
LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner - Bulk SATA Model WH10LS30 LightScribe Support - OEM
DVD Drive:
LG DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model GH24NS50 - OEM
ADDITIONAL COOLING
CPU FAN:
Dynatron K555 77mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler - Retail
HD COOLING:
EVERCOOL HD-F117 Aluminum HDD Cooling Device - Retail
ADDITIONAL ACCESSORIES
KEYBOARD/MOUSE:
Logitech MX 5500 Revolution Black Bluetooth Cordless Desktop Standard keyboard & Mouse Kit - Retail
Surge Protector:
CyberPower PDU CPS1215RM 10 x NEMA 5-15P Outlets Power Distribution Unit - Retail
Additional USB Ports: CANCELED
Koutech PCI to USB2.0 Card Model IO-PU520 - Retail
All-In-One Card Reader:
CABLES UNLIMITED USB-1610 All-in-one USB 2.0 Card Reader - Retail
That is all I have on the wishlist thus far. I know I will need an OS to run the computer, I'll pick up a copy from Best Buy after we purchase the computer.
My questions:
Will I need to purchase any extra cords?
Will I have any issues with bottlenecking?
Are there any affordable upgrades I should take?
Is everything compatible?
Also, anything you think is definitely a good choice, please make note of it - Once I turn everything green, the build will be ordered.
Thank you all for your help,
-Davo
Last edited: