Building a PC. Need advice.

sym

Hello.

I am thinking of getting a custom PC built for my gaming, music creation and general computer use needs.

I have what I think is a good set of specs but I'd like some opinions.

Case - Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 (Mid Tower)

Intel Processor - [Overclockable] Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz, 3.8GHz Turbo Boost (Quad Core)

CPU Cooling - Asetek 570LC High Performance Liquid Cooling

Intel Motherboard - ASUS P8Z68-V LX [VGA DVI HDMI] SATA 6Gb/s USB3 {4 DDR3 Slots}

Memory - Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz

Primary Hard Drive - Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black 7200RPM

Secondary Hard Drive - Crucial M4 64GB SSD Read: 500MB/s Write: 95MB/s

1st Optical Drive - DVD Writer

Graphics Card - Nvidia Geforce GTX 580 1.5GB (Min. 650 Watt Power Supply)
Liquid Cool Graphics Card - None

Power Supply - Corsair Enthusiast Series TX850 850 Watt 80 Plus Bronze

Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Networking - Internal Wireless N 150Mbps
Fan Controller - None

Media Card Readers - All-in-one Card Reader

Sound Card - ASUS Xonar DX 7.1

TV Tuners - None

Office Software - Microsoft Office Home & Student

Monitor - Acer 21.5'' 1920 x 1080 LCD Monitor

Mouse - RAZER Imperator Black Laser Ergonomic Gaming Mouse

Keyboard - RAZER Arctosa Gaming Keyboard

Speakers & Headsets - RAZER Carcharias Professional Gaming Headset

Packaging - [FREE] Advanced Packaging System - Custom foam to protect and secure internal components from shipping abuse

Wiring - [FREE] Professional Wiring - Cables will be organized to achieve maximum airflow

Technical Support - Life-time U.S. based technical support and customer service

Rush Service - [Standard] Shipped Out in 2 - 10 Business Days

Video Demonstration - Video Demonstration & Overview of your Computer

Warranty - [FREE Upgrade] 4 Years Parts and 4 Years Labor

Sub-Total: $2,461.49

United States Postal Service (Global Express Guaranteed (GXG)** (1 - 3 business days)): $474.35 (Yes I know, expensive)

Total: $2,935.84

What do you guys think of this build?

wolfeking

banned
You will be able to get that computer cheaper if you build it yourself. Where are you getting it from?

And just some improvments, get a Z77 motherboard over the Z68. It is just as good and runs cooler.

Doogledude123

By the looks of it, it looks like he is getting it from MemoryExpress. MemoryExpress is out of Canada. It may be cheaper from NewEgg, although Im not sure where they are from.

If you are getting it from MemoryExpress then dont get it prebuilt, waste of money in my opinion and since you have your Primary HD as the 2TB then they will hook it up that way. ALWAYS put the SSD in primary and then stick in your HD as the secondary.

When installing your OS then install to the SSD (Primary) and Everything after that (ie programs etc) on Secondary.

To save yourself a bit of money you could skip out on liquid cooling as you dont really have anything creating ALOT of heat. Just the standard fan that comes with the CPU would be good enough. Although if you really needed then you could get a different more powerful fan.