Building a PC. Thoughts/concerns?

BBFFAIIB

Parts I picked out so far:
Fractal Design Define S
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX APEX
Intel Core i7-7700K (plan on delidding and applying liquid metal, oc'ing to ~5.0 hopefully)
G.SKILL 16GB TridentZ DDR4 4266
SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 250GB x2 (raid)
GPU: 1080 TI **
EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate (360mm rad)

**Still undecided on which 1080 ti to go for, was eyeballing the evga sc2 hybrid. I've never had a GPU with an AIO before, but from what little research I've done i noticed that the temps are significantly lower than say the FE or the msi/aorus etc variants. (~15+ C cooler on average) which i imagine would be beneficial in the long run. However with the release of the seahawk x, im still not sure which one to buy.

One of my biggest concerns is the ram. I've read a few horror stories of people with a lot of stability issues with the 4266 memory. Would it be better in terms of stability to just go with a 3600/4000 kit? Would the difference even be noticable? I normally splurge every 4-5 years and buy top of the line components so i dont mind paying the premium, however this is gonna be my daily gaming pc for the foreseeable future so i want it to be able to actually run.

Regarding the hardrive, was reading a few comments on newegg regarding nand mlc vs tlc, a bit over my head. Could anyone ELI5? Would it be better to get something that might be a bit slower just for the sake of stability and longevity.

Another concern is timing, with computex right around the corner would it be better to wait a little bit and see if any releases might change the components i picked out?

A bit of a long winded post but I would love to hear what you guys think!
biggrin.gif

Intel_man

VIP Member
4000+ MHz ram doesn't yeild noticeable improvements in 99% of the applications used everyday over something like DDR4-3000/3200.

You could wait for Skylake-X launch which is coming out soon.