Building a Server

markomal

Ok i am relatively new here so i just have a few questions..

1st one is, what do i actually need to build a good and stable server (but professional one)? (under which OS would the server work at its best?)

2nd one is, Can you tell me a good configuration for an decent Server, who can handle a lot of file exchange and probably some ftp stuff (like web hosting and etc..)

3rd one is Where can i find a step by step tutorial of how to build your own server, but i don't need a kind of tutorials that will just show me click here click there and you are done.. I want solid, full explanatory tutorial that will actually teach me how to operate with the things.

and the 4th one is, what kind of internet connection do i need for this server to be able to handle a lot of traffic and stuff?

Best Regards

Last edited:

SkyF

You have a few options here:
-You could follow this detailed step-by-step guide and set up an FTP, VNC and P2P Server located here: http://www.bit-tech.net/bits/2007/06/05/build_your_own_server/1
-You could rent cloud servers and change them to your liking
-Or you could make a long-term investment (a big investment) into purchasing some servers and running them at your house.
Personally, i would go with the first option because it's easy to set-up and fufills your criteria.

SkyF.