Building Computer, New to Gaming

ryan1180

Hello everyone,

I have recently decided to make the move from console gaming to the PC. My friends have been doing it for awhile and have promised to help me set up a gaming computer once I get the parts. The only problem is that I don't really have any idea what the proper parts should be for my setup(I did look at the Computer Specs 101 thread but it is 4 years out of date!). My budget is around $7-800 and I would like to run the games at mid-high levels. I really appreciate any help that can be given!

xxmorpheus

Well, the most important parts are gonna be your Graphics card (GPU) and CPU. I would look at maybe a Amd radeon 6850 1gb or 6950, 2gb. Thats a solid start to go along maybe a Amd Phenom X6 1055T. You can try newegg.com for parts or magicmicro.com for some good prebuilt options.

Hitchtech

The AMD/ATI combo is good. I dont know much about ati cards but i know AMD processors are cheaper! and i7 Nvidia rig will cost more but IMO better for gaming. I have come across quite a few ATI cards and found them to have some buggy software.