building help

Mustardsky

New Member
i some suggestions for a new video card,ram memory,hard drive,and proccesor cause i need to change does parts on my comp,plus my comp like from 2005 or 2006
 
It might be helpful to add:

* Current parts;
* parts that you plan to reuse;
* Parts that need to be replaced;
* your build budget;
* What you use you computer for;
 
i plan to use it for gaming my budget is no more than 600$ i told you the ones i need replaced
video is Video Card : RADEON X600 256MB HyperMemory
processor:Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
ram memory: 512 MB DDR2-SDRAM
 
So you need:

CPU
RAM
Gaming Video Card
HDD

budget under $600.

What types of processors does your current motherboard support? I hate to recommend a processor thats incompatible with your current motherboard.
 
i plan to use it for gaming my budget is no more than 600$ i told you the ones i need replaced
video is Video Card : RADEON X600 256MB HyperMemory
processor:Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
ram memory: 512 MB DDR2-SDRAM

Judging by those stats, nothing there is reusable. I can do you a build or someone else can though with that budget.
 
Yes. You can use parts on newegg.com, thats the most cost efficient option. I don't have the time right now to do a build, but I'm sure somebody will recommend so good parts for you.
 
AMD Phenom 9550 Agena Quad-Core Processor - $149 (with shipping)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103251&Tpk=AMD Phenom 9550 Agena

I would look at the GIGABYTE GIGABYTE GA-MA78G-DS3H motherboard - $98 (with shipping)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128347&Tpk=GIGABYTE GA-EP43-DS3L

SUPER TALENT 2 gigabyte (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) - $51 (with shipping)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820609026

OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS 600W ATX12V - $80 (with shipping)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...7341010&Tpk=OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS 600W

Rosewill R624-P BLK Black SGCC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - $41.76 (with shipping)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147062&Tpk=Rosewill R624-P BLK

Microsoft Windows XP Home With SP2B - $85 (with shipping)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116056

Left remaining for a Video Card: $295
 
AMD Phenom 9550 Agena Quad-Core Processor - $149 (with shipping)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...209550 Agena

I would look at the GIGABYTE GIGABYTE GA-MA78G-DS3H motherboard - $98 (with shipping)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...20GA-EP43-DS3L

SUPER TALENT 2 gigabyte (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) - $51 (with shipping)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820609026

OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS 600W ATX12V - $80 (with shipping)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Z600SXS 600W

Rosewill R624-P BLK Black SGCC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - $41.76 (with shipping)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...20R624-P BLK

Microsoft Windows XP Home With SP2B - $85 (with shipping)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16832116056

Left remaining for a Video Card: $295
I would get Vista over XP. For the video card, depending on how much there's left after any modifications to this build, Radeon 4850/4870 would be perfect, maybe NVIDIA 9600GT if you're only into medium/lightweight gaming. Also, I would recommend getting extra 2GB of ram for total of 4GB, esp. of you decide to go with Vista.

Other than that, seems like a perfect setup.
 
Last edited:
Windows XP is a better operating system for gaming. I have Vista currently and wish I would have went with Windows XP. I think it is a better operating system overall.

Two gigabytes of RAM is definitely sufficient for Windows XP.
 
I just looked and NewEgg changed their prices as of last night raising some of the prices. I changed the processor to a triple-core because they raised the price on Phenom 9550 $25.

AMD Phenom 8650 Toliman Triple-Core Processor - $119

GIGABYTE GIGABYTE GA-MA78G-DS3H motherboard - $90

SUPER TALENT 2 gigabyte (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) - $44

OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS 600W ATX12V - $80

Rosewill R624-P BLK Black SGCC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - $25

Microsoft Windows XP Home With SP2B - $85

Shipping Costs: $37

Left remaining for a Video Card: $320
 
I'd really try to stick with the 9550, due to the odd 3rd core some programs don't even know how to address it. I've heard from a couple sources that vista won't even recognize that core? (Not sure if it was true or not.) Supposedly they are coming out with an update that will allow vista to utilize the 3rd core, but programs are not threaded to use cores in multiples of 3, they are threaded for multiples of 2. So even if you have a 3rd core not all programs are going to utilize it, from what un-confirmed sources have said. Just giving you a heads up in case its true, I know budget's are tight but it might be worth saving to get the quad.

As for cooling, if you're not going to OC and are on a super tight budget the stock cooler will be just fine. It's actually a pretty nice cooler seeing as it has a copper base with copper heatpipes and its relatively quiet as well. IF you are going to OC check this cooler out (It's for a budget minded builder, but works great.) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185125&Tpk=arctic cooler 64
 
Back
Top