Building my first computer!

NooberToober

New Member
So yes the title says all. I'm going to build my first computer, after watching about 50 instuction videos on youtube -.-. But, I don't know where to start. Should I start off with a barebone kit, or should I build from scratch?

P.S. I will post the specs, once I decide.

EDIT: I have my eye on this barebone, is it worth it?:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4016612&sku=P450-9110 A
I will probably add another HDD or 2, card reader, DVD-ROM ETC.
 
Last edited:
might as well build from scratch. that barebone unit is saving you a whopping $15 which is insignificant if you're going to be building a computer that's likely going to cost you over $500 anyway. plus, a lot of those parts are pretty outdated really.
 
It's not that outdated if he's not playing resource-intensive games or designing skyscrapers or finding the fourth dimension:P - the case is unsightly, in my opinion but I think it's an OK buy. You can try building it and getting EXACTLY what you want, though, and choose price ranges and quality for the components.
 
Back
Top